Robert the Haunted Doll

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Nice find, I hadn't heard about him before.

Key West is only a 13 hour drive from Charlotte; maybe I'll check him out some time and see if I can get him blinking on film.

TnWatchdog

Interesting subject...I would like to check this one out. This doll thing reminds me of when I was a kid there was an old lady in Minnesota who placed an doll, similar to Robert, in the third floor attic window of her house. At night she had a light shining on it, which scared the heck out of us when we drove by. I remember it as it just had just happened...what a scary memory.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
They take the doll traveling. He tours. hehehe.

They told me that he doesn't like to be stared at, so I stared at him and nothing happened.

Enigmawriter

Oh, yeah, I've heard about this creepy doll. I wonder if it's haunted. One way to check it out is to hang around with it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It was at the TAPS convention, of which Todd Sheets forgot to tell me I had VIP access (grrrr), but at any rate, it was in the big dealer/display room and behind glass. Not that it matters. You can get EVP anywhere, but I'd personally feel silly investigating a doll in public. Wait, that sounds really wrong.....

Enigmawriter

lol! I hear ya. I wouldn't mind interviewing it. You'd probably get a better interview with the doll than with a human now-a-days. I used to work in the news for 12 years and trust me, there were some really awful interviews. I was a senior video editor/videographer.

You're right, EVPs can be captured almost anywhere. I actually have a theory on some of these EVPs; I'll make a thread on that some day when I'm free, but, energy is all around us, past and present. Energy never dies out, so in theory, we can still capture those sounds and possibly images.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
lol! I hear ya. I wouldn't mind interviewing it. You'd probably get a better interview with the doll than with a human now-a-days. I used to work in the news for 12 years and trust me, there were some really awful interviews. I was a senior video editor/videographer.

You're right, EVPs can be captured almost anywhere. I actually have a theory on some of these EVPs; I'll make a thread on that some day when I'm free, but, energy is all around us, past and present. Energy never dies out, so in theory, we can still capture those sounds and possibly images.

The better the equipment, the more clear the EVP comes out, too. I never liked the whispery EVP that people claim are a ghost. They have to enhance it 50 times just to get a whispery, one word buzz that most likely isn't anything. Get one that echoes and talks over you, and you've got something, you know?

But yeah, post your theories. I'd like to hear them.