Ron Mallett coming to Akron Ohio Saturday!

PamelaM

Ron Mallett coming to Akron Ohio Saturday!

Not sure if this was the correct place to post this but it is very exciting.

Ron Mallett is coming to Akron, Ohio Saturday!

Ron Mallett the physicist from the university of Connecticut
will be visiting the Quaker Crowne plaza hotel in downtown Akron Ohio
on Saturday April 30, 2005 to speak on his time travel theories.

The cost is $55.00 per person

to make reservations call 330-376-8300 during bussiness hours.

He will share his plans for sending a subatomic particle into a timewarp.
Mallett is the featured speaker at this years induction ceremony for the national Gallery for young inventors honoring adolescent and teen inventors
around the country.

They are even trying to arrange to have Mallett driven to the podium in the time traveling Delorean used in the Back to the future movies.

If you are in the area make sure you come it seems well worth while.

Maybe someone could post this on Anomalie board as I know there were some people posting on there from Cleveland and Akron.

The article appeared in Sundays Akron Beacon Journal.

Here is the link to one of his sites:

<a href=\'http://www.phys.uconn.edu/faculty/mallett.html\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.phys.uconn.edu/faculty/mallett.html</a>

PamelaM

Re: Ron Mallett coming to Akron Ohio Saturday!

My friend and I went and I have to say Mr. Mallett is a very humble and deliteful man.
It was quite an honor to shake his hand and to speak with him in person and get his autograph.
He has alot of great ideas. His main idea is to distort time with narrow beams of high-energy light lasers. They will be reflected by a series of mirrors to form a loop of light.A ring would form that would stir space and time inside it like a whirlpool. He will test it by dropping a subatomic particle through the ring to see what happens.

I had the opportunity to see the Dolorean from back to the future which was quite cool. As well as see the 6 young inventors that were inducted into the National Gallery for Young Inventors.

For those that missed the opportunity to come I guess it will be aired on cable tv.
It will be called the 2005 induction ceremony and benefit of the National Gallery for americans Young Inventors.

In my area in Ohio it will be channel position 23
May 2,3,4,7,and 8 2005- 7:30pm
Sunday May 8- 1:00 pm

Check your local cable listings.

StarLord

Pamela,

Was the Delorian still running on Banana peels and garbage?

PamelaM

I believe it ran on gas. :)

We were actually behind it for a little while in our car when we were leaving .It was giving the person their 30 minute ride they won. One young man that was in a car beside us jumped out at the stop light and asked the driver if he could take a picture of it and then when the light turned green he yelled "yahooo!!!!" hahaha. They had a Carolina liscence plate on it when they were driving it on the road. I think it was south carolina. They also took off the long hook thing they had on it when on display. (where the lightening hit it for those jigawatts! :) ).
I had to admit it was quite a neat thing to see.

Blair

How many time traveller do you think mite have been there Pamela?

PamelaM

Hmmm....good question. The guy that sat next to my friend was pretty knowledgeable. When I asked him if he was a professor of physics he said "No.. just someone who is interested in time travel." His name was Jim.
I don't think he was really a time traveler though because he had quadripulates at home. :) lol

Everything Mallett discussed I already knew and so did this Jim guy.
It was very interesting talking to him however he was almost as
interesting as Mallett. Its not enough to just be interested in physics
you have to know quantum physics as well to try to truly understand time travel.

There were alot of very bright kids there. They almost have a certain look about them. You can tell some of them were geniuses.

Doc Brown

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PamelaM\")</div>
I had the opportunity to see the Dolorean from back to the future which was quite cool. ?.[/b]

THE DELOREAN!!!!????

I'm an absolute Back to the Future nut...PamelaM, you've seen "The Car!" The car that my good old namesake Doc Brown used to invent time travel, the car that Marty had to use to escape from terrorists and therefore get sent back to 1955, the car that was responsible for three great movies...

Now all you've got to do is go back in time to November 12th, 1955, and get to the clocktower by about ten to nine. You'll witness the scenes with Doc and Marty, you'll see Doc hanging from the clocktower and you'll see Marty go Back to the Future!!!

(I'm excited. Can anyone tell? :) )