Russians...

PyRo99

Russians...

Well, the Russians are sticking their nose where it doesn't belong:

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=41953

Russian special forces have reportedly been deployed in the Ukrainian capital Kiev as thousands of demonstrators besieged government buildings to protest the results of the presidential election.

A 1000-strong contingent of Russian special forces have put on Ukraine uniforms upon their arrival in Ukraine, said Boris Tarasyuk, chairman of Ukraine's parliamentary European integration commission and an envoy of the Ukrainian opposition's presidential candidate Viktor Yushtchenko.

In an interview for Bulgarian private TV channel bTV Tarasyuk said the soldiers are armed with machine guns, which speaks of their \"serious intentions\".

Tarasyuk, who was invited to visit Bulgaria by the right-wing opposition the Union of Democratic Forces, is expected to land in Sofia in the middle of the day on Friday.

Now...Lets see what happens here.

Cornelia

Russians...

What's so strange?
Russians are simply exporting democracy and freedom into another country: nothing new under the sun.
:lol: :p

Russians...

Hmm, sound so much like us...

Have to agree with Cornelia, people love to force... I mean make other countries a democracy...

PyRo99

Russians...

If the Russians do this. Watch the UN go kaput soon. Before too long, China Will Invade Taiwan, and we'll be sitting under Martial Law. Should be an amusing few months.

Plus, if Russia does that, they are innately pissing upon the US and Great Britain, and anyone else that likes the other candidate.

CaryP

Russians...

Now we have an idea of what it's like to watch some other country "bring democracy" to foreign countries. LOL. The hypocrisy just reeks.

Too f'ing much. The world is getting tres weird.

Cary

PyRo99

Russians...

I can't wait. I'm going to go get my chair. Because I'm not stepping in the line of fire on the next few weeks.

But, if the US government does get into it with Russia, and I'm still alive when its all said and done, Im going to say "I told you so", so childish and immature that it'll Make em mad. :)

Judge Bean

Russians...

The Russians have always used the Ukraine as its buffer and shield, the people expendable to the empire. Now they apparently won't take any more of it. We should rejoice that they are insisting on their rights; it has nothing to do with us.

CaryP

Russians...

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Nov 29 2004, 12:01 AM
The Russians have always used the Ukraine as its buffer and shield, the people expendable to the empire. Now they apparently won't take any more of it. We should rejoice that they are insisting on their rights; it has nothing to do with us.

I agree with Paul on both counts. We should rejoice in the Ukraine's insisting on their rights, and it nothing to do with the U.S. directly. I just see it as a sad reflection on how complacent we've become, and the hypocrasy of allegations of voter fraud in the Ukraine by Colin Powell given the voting irregularities in our recent election.

Cary

Judge Bean

Russians...

Originally posted by CaryP+Nov 29 2004, 04:00 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Nov 29 2004, 12:01 AM
The Russians have always used the Ukraine as its buffer and shield, the people expendable to the empire.? Now they apparently won't take any more of it.? We should rejoice that they are insisting on their rights; it has nothing to do with us.

I agree with Paul on both counts. We should rejoice in the Ukraine's insisting on their rights, and it nothing to do with the U.S. directly. I just see it as a sad reflection on how complacent we've become, and the hypocrasy of allegations of voter fraud in the Ukraine by Colin Powell given the voting irregularities in our recent election.

Cary
[snapback]16472[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

That's right: and this hypocrisy is so ingrained (and inbred) into the Executive branch that it actually poses no risk. It's business as usual. What you have to beware of is the stuff that comes out of the blue from the White House or Departments of State and Defense, or from the "Intelligence Community," stuff that has no precedent behind it-- like the sudden decision that we need to invade and conquer a country because it has the desire to someday hurt us. That was a complete reversal of American foreign policy going back to 1918.

Another thing that we should be wary of is China's obligation to North Korea, which extends well beyond any written pacts. China views the stability of the regime there as part of its vital defenses, and history (a briefing hardly ever attended by any in the Administration) teaches us that China will not hesitate to militarily defend North Korea.

If we had gone into Iran before Afghanistan, we may have had to worry about Russia this way; we certainly cannot go into any of the old Soviet Republics without going up against Russia, and this, of course, includes some countries suffering from violent Islamic fundamentalism.

The lines are being drawn, though not quite the way we might have imagined a few years ago. This is because we have a brainless cowboy in charge.