Secret Base On Mars?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I just stumbled upon this video posted about a week ago. It's some guy who found "something" that allegedly looks like a base on Mars, using Google Mars.

Well, this makes me wonder about 2 things.

First, is this an actual base? If so, who made it, does it belong to us, or to some aliens? It sure looks like some kind of building. We're not dealing with some shadows on rocks (remember the face on Mars? ;)) Does NASA actually have a base on Mars and keeps it a total secret? Hmm.

Ok, since there's water ice on Mars, perhaps that white structure is in fact a crack from which water came out and froze, a pretty long time ago. There's dust all around covering it, but the highest part is still visible. What do you think ?

ZeoEmeraude

That's some interesting stuff. As most folks know, NASA and the governments of the world do not want the everyday man to know whats going on. NASA is supposed to launch a new rover (about the size of a Mini Cooper) in the next few months. I say its a base or a way-station, but my guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
sounds like we need a road trip whos up for a sunday afternoon ride to mars for a look see
now we will need at least a case of beer for each person and a couple pounds of penuts for the trip.
I'll be ready in about 20 minutes. I got to make sure I got the dog has enough food till I get back

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We went to the moon 42 years ago with cheap old computers and a moon lander made out of 1969 technology. And you tell me there's no way to consider going to Mars before... like a century? Why is that?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
we could be there befor that iffin we would just trying to kill each other off for oil and spend the time and effort to go. I realy don't think it is a lack of tech. that keeps us trapped here on this mudball. but rather greedy power hungry fools trying to bring in a new world order.

shield

It's really all about oil getting there. Being every other rocket models that don't require gas have been outlawed. One of which uses just hydrogen and boosters to get away from the atmosphere them uses pulses of nuclear blasts to transport it. Due to nuclear technology not being permitted in space for reasons of superpowers of the world going into an uproar about weapons being built and money hungry oil companies this cannot be done. Also i think we would no if a team of construction works set out to space for nine months with enough building material for a mars base. The space and oil consumption would be huge.