September 11, 2001

sosuemetoo

September 11, 2001

In memory of the 3,000 people that gave their lives on that day, we will never forget.

I know that we all don't agree on who was behind this massacre. We don't all agree with Bush's strategy before the tragedy or afterwards.

But can we all at least agree that 3,000 innocent people from different countries, different faiths and different walks of life, were murdered three years ago today?

While we always have to look forward to the future, we sometimes have to look back into the past.

Depending on your age, you remember where you were the day Pearl Harbor was bombed or Kennedy was assassinated. We all remember where we were on 9/11/01 at 8:50 in the morning New York time.

Say a little prayer for those that lost loved ones on this day three years ago.

"Mom"

P.S. Thank you Uni!

Unintentional

September 11, 2001

ats13932_911avatar.jpg

PyRo99

September 11, 2001

:love: @);- too people that lost loved ones on that day

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
September 11, 2001

I was playing this old Sierra game last night from 1988 called Manhunter, and it starts out showing a skyline of New York, with the Twin Towers there. The words "It was 2002 when they attacked" came up and it felt a little ironic.

I was in the shower at our house in Oregon when it happened, and my dad ran down stairs and started banging on the bathroom door yelling to come out and see the TV. I thought he was joking or just screwing around....

That's what made me want to join the army, but in hindsight I wish I'd chosen a different way to honor those lost on 9-11

sosuemetoo

September 11, 2001

I had just returned home from dropping my children off at school, when my phone rang. It was a friend I had just seen at the school.

She told me to turn on the TV. I asked her, "what station." She said, "any station, it doesn't matter, just do it!"

The moment I turned on Fox News, the live cameras were focused on the twin towers, only one plane had gone in. It was just a few minutes later I saw the 2nd one go in, Live.

I hung up the phone and immediately called my mother (momsmom). If I recall, it was a few hours before we were able to locate my sister (she's a flight attendent) and her fiance (a pilot).

When the plane hit the Pentagon, a few of us moms had decided to get our kids out of school, we were terrified. However, the school was on lockdown. No one was going in and no one was leaving.

My son was in 7th grade at the time. He said that right after the 2nd plane went in, all of the televisions in the classrooms went on. They watched the coverage the entire day, the teachers discussed what was going on and how the kids felt.

My daughter was in 4th grade. She did know anything until lunchtime, and she knew very little. Just that a plane hit the WTC.

Chromium

September 11, 2001

As i live in the UK, the events of that day unfolded for me at lunchtime. I was sitting in the office and someone went running around saying a plane had flown into the twin towers. At first we were told that it was a light aircraft (like the one which flew into the empire state in the 50's) so i didn't think too much of it. A few minutes later i decided to try the web to find out more about it. When i couldn't get into any news website i realised something bigger must have happened. Someone upstairs had a radio and had heard that the light aircraft was infact a passenger liner which had actually flown into one of the towers at full speed. I knew something like that would have massive consequences because people would've just been getting into work for the day. As we had no TV's in the office, i decided to leave work and go to the nearest pub in order to see exactly what was going on. Ignoring protestations from my boss, i quickly left the office shouting behind me 'my uncle works in New York, i am not about to sit idly by processing your drivel whilst thousands of people in New York potentially lose their lives. I remember feeling rather angry that everyone in my office seemed so apathetic toward the unfolding tragedy.

My first step into the pub that day changed my perspective on the world irreversibly. I was greeted by a large television screen normally reserved for big screen sports, showing the picture of a devastated tower, smoke billowing out of a ragged gaping hole in its side. As i tried in vain to take this unreal sight in, another aircraft came into view, and just as quickly disappeared in a shower of flames and debris. All of this happening live infront of my eyes! Where does one start to take in the enormosity of such a situation?

The rest of the afternoon was spent in a very full, but eerily silent pub. I ended up sitting in stunned disbelief drinking several pints of beer but without enjoying them. Getting drunk seemed to be the only respite from such a harrowing experience. I couldn't possibly imagine what the people of New York and America were feeling, especially after the towers actually came down. I remember thinking and saying over and over again; 'Jesus, they fell down, Jesus, they actually fell down..

The next morning i was greeted by the arrogant, belligerent form of my overweight boss, demanding an explanation as to why i never came back to work the previous day. He actually had the balls to suggest that my absence had caused my colleagues untold grief because of the extra work my absence had heaped upon them. I kindly suggested he take his ungainly form to our directors office and put his 'case' forward there, as i was sure our director would love to hear about my trivial excuse for missing work especially as our director's old company used to be JP Morgan. It turns out our director had known many people killed in the tragedy - two of whom he'd considered close personal friends.

Thankfully my uncle was fine. He wasn't actually in America on that day.

PyRo99

September 11, 2001

I was in 3rd period, Geography. The phone rang, and our teacher had said "OMG". Hung up. And that was that. Around, 8th period, the principal came over the PA, and said that the WTC were hit. Now prior too that, i had heard that Florida had been bombed. We didn't get too watch the TVs, according too the school board, were too young too do so.

Unintentional

September 11, 2001

I was at home, getting ready for work, when both towers were hit. I went to work around 9:30. I had to go up near DC. On the way there, the events unfolded for me on the radio I was listening to on the way there. It is about a two hour trip for me. As I got near DC, I wanted to check out the Pentagon and see if I could see anything for myself. There is about an 8 mile 8 lane wide interstate running between 495, the beltway and the actual Pentagon. I went about 1/2 down and realized there was not a single car on this entire 8 lane interstate highway, but me. I realized, I probaly shouldn't be there, so I turned around. That is about how I was physically affected and what I did on 9-11, 2001 itself. A very tragic day indeed. It was very eerie being on a normally bumper to bumper interstate all by myself. It really drove home to me how different and abnormal this day was and will be in American history.

Phoenix

September 11, 2001

It was very eerie being on a normally bumper to bumper interstate all by myself. It really drove home to me how different and abnormal this day was and will be in American history.
That would be very scary.