Several Questions

Hououin_Kyouma

Since the mind is the most powerful machine there is, do you think that someone has ever traveled to another world line, or timeline, through the will of their consciousness? If so, would it at times explain mysterious deaths or disappearances? And if they were by any chance successful, what would theoretically occur? Would they land into their own body on another world line, or would the whole body be translated as well?

In terms of the former possibility, I am overly skeptical -- since they may clash with another soul. Although is it possible that we are conscious on various world lines, but we are focused only on one?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I think the fact that you're postulating these theories already says something about their possibilities.

What prompted you to think of this?

Hououin_Kyouma

I have never really given the idea much thought earlier, as I previously discarded it as a hoax or ridiculous theory. However, there are times when one is exposed to information or a medium that allows one to rethink his earlier conclusions. In my case, it would be the anime "Steins;Gate", hence my name on this forum dedicated to one of the main characters.

It may also be that the multiverse is simply an explanation of how many directions our universe could have undertaken, but I shall garner more information on the subject and sink myself into learning even more about the universe until I can postulate my own ideas. Leonardo da Vinci once said that everything is interconnected, and it holds true today. Each piece of knowledge is a puzzle piece in regards to solving the aggregate picture. Seeing as this forum is a beneficial first step, determining every possibility is necessary.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I've heard of people psychically visiting the future or past, but not physically arriving there that way.