Shocked Workers Capture Spooky Image In Belfast's Sewers

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A spooky spectre or just a trick of the light?

Tunnel_vi_612736a.jpg

This grainy image — which bears a remarkable resemblance to the Phantom of the Opera — was recently captured by shocked Northern Ireland Water workers checking for blocked pipes in Belfast’s Newtownbreda district.

The surprised workmen couldn’t believe their eyes when a man’s face mysteriously appeared on their screens after they dropped a camera into a sewer pipe under Mealough Road.

And while water workers are used to coming across all kinds of weird and wonderful sights, they have been left scratching their heads by the ghost-like image they dubbed “Sewerface”.

However Field Manager Davy Sloan believes there’s a rational explanation for the image.

Full article: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...spooky-image-in-belfasts-sewers-16026934.html

kcwildman

Beastmaster
now thats juat plain creepy:eek:
I been thinkin all day bout this and can't come up with anything that could be in that tunnel that would cause it to reflect/refract the light in a pattern like that...I think I would rather meet up with one of them newyork city gators than that face :confused: the gator I could kill..... this thing
well RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then change my pants

NerdyGilr3

Oh I like that: “So, bin your cotton buds, baby wipes and sanitary items and watch out – Sewerface is watching what you flush.”
Sounds like a monster to scare kids!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Pretty cool uh!

I guess that image will indeed scare a lot of kids who flush stuff they shouldn't. I was probably a bit scary to see from down there, since the face was likely moving with the water's movements. :)