Should cannabis be legalized?

Yes or no

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

samzeman

I would say all drugs should be decriminalized. Mortality rates and addiction rates measurably decrease in studies where the prohibition is lifted. I don't drink or smoke, I even cut out caffeine, but I will never understand people that believe prohibition of recreational substances can work.

Humans have been getting high since prehistory and they won't ever stop. As a child it confused me and I didn't understand it - I still kind of don't, it never seems sensible to me. But my experience isn't universal. And prohibition has never worked.

Beholder

I would say all drugs should be decriminalized. Mortality rates and addiction rates measurably decrease in studies where the prohibition is lifted. I don't drink or smoke, I even cut out caffeine, but I will never understand people that believe prohibition of recreational substances can work.

Humans have been getting high since prehistory and they won't ever stop. As a child it confused me and I didn't understand it - I still kind of don't, it never seems sensible to me. But my experience isn't universal. And prohibition has never worked.
If your politicial campaign has no content, impose a ban on something. When organized crime skyrocket, add harsh penalties and build more prisons. Then you have a strongman image to stay in power.

Wind7

Staff

That didn't take long to come along.

BlastTyrant

That didn't take long to come along.

Maybe they can finally afford to actually take care of the roads or have enough salt for all winter.

And it could be the fact i am tired but this sentence screws with my head

Before legalization, all cannabis except medical cannabis was subject to this tax. (Was MN Taxing illegal weed?????)
Starting June 30, 2023, this tax only applies to illegal cannabis. The legalization of adult-use cannabis did not change how controlled substances are taxed.

Wind7

Staff
Maybe they can finally afford to actually take care of the roads or have enough salt for all winter.

And it could be the fact i am tired but this sentence screws with my head

Before legalization, all cannabis except medical cannabis was subject to this tax. (Was MN Taxing illegal weed?????)
Starting June 30, 2023, this tax only applies to illegal cannabis. The legalization of adult-use cannabis did not change how controlled substances are taxed.

There's little about that whole tax situation that even makes sense.

But Illegal Cannabis taxation?

Sounds like another way to go after the little guy whom, will still buy illegally because it costs much less until,
they (somehow) get caught by this 'New' taxation process when it takes over.

Now, Uncle Sam can "Getcha" through the IRS even if the law can't.
And if the government wants to push it....It's a sure fire way to abolish illegal sales almost entirely.

Hit the little guy's pocket book and then as the year 2025 comes around
conglomerate the entire market all at the same time through legal dispensaries
while pushing the stubborn few whom resist 'The Force' into near extinction. $$$$

I'm forgetting the one caveat they are utilizing...., For now.

Order these 'STAMPS' directly from the MN Dept. of Revenue
and just pay the tax outright to avoid penalty. ;)

And that, imho, is how they are going to do it.
Especially now...When we can barely make ends meet as it is.