Should they add a Free Energy Section?

Martian

I like the idea of a free energy section. :) I'm familiar with established science, as I've had a few close enounters with it. :p Still, I like to entertain thoughts & ideas outside the mainstream. Why? I dunno. It's hard to explain. :geek:

Mr Scientist

I believe submarines have been using a system for years that can separate the oxygen from the hydrogen in water which provides enough oxygen for 24 hours for a full crew from just one gallon...Maybe the Navy stole Meyers idea and simply switched the process :)
I think you will find it's more than one gallon a.k.a four litres. Also it's one of the worst kept secret but most submarines are crew less like a lot of planes that these days are operated by the Royal Chair Force.

Harte

From that website:
In a July 9, 1998 keynote address at the Fifth International Conference on Composites Engineering in Las Vegas, Dr. Deborah D. L. Chung, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at University at Buffalo (UB), reported that she had observed apparent negative resistance in interfaces between layers of carbon fibers in a composite material.
Several negative articles appeared quickly in the popular scientific press. Conventional scientists were quickly quoted as proclaiming that negative resistance was against the laws of physics and thermodynamics.
My emphasis.
However:
Negative resistance was first recognized during investigations of electric arcs, which were used for lighting during the 19th century.[143] In 1881 Alfred Niaudet[144] had observed that the voltage across arc electrodes decreased temporarily as the arc current increased, but many researchers thought this was a secondary effect due to temperature.[145] The term "negative resistance" was applied by some to this effect, but the term was controversial because it was known that the resistance of a passive device could not be negative.[68][145][146] Beginning in 1895 Hertha Ayrton, extending her husband William's research with a series of meticulous experiments measuring the I–V curve of arcs, established that the curve had regions of negative slope, igniting controversy.[65][145][147] Frith and Rodgers in 1896[145][148] with the support of the Ayrtons[65] introduced the concept of differential resistance, dv/di, and it was slowly accepted that arcs had negative differential resistance. In recognition of her research, Hertha Ayrton became the first woman voted for induction into the Institute of Electrical Engineers.[147]

As you can see, these "free energy" quack gurus will lie to you at the drop of a hat.

So, sure, add a "free energy section." But first, add a Fiction section for this topic to be filed under.

Harte

TimeFlipper

From that website:
My emphasis.
However:

As you can see, these "free energy" quack gurus will lie to you at the drop of a hat.

So, sure, add a "free energy section." But first, add a Fiction section for this topic to be filed under.

Harte
Negative Resistance in semiconductors is the characteristic where an increase in Voltage across the P-N Junctions results in a decreased Current..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The M.E.G. and homo-polar electrical generators are real and do exist. Working machines have been produced. I did come across some info saying the Navy uses homo-polar generators to power their rail-guns. It's up to the math grunts to decide whether or not they wish to use negative energy as a description of how these machines work.