Slenderman

solodroid

Who can give me more information in an entity called Slender man? I'm not sure if he is an inhuman spirit or if he is an alien. I have heard a few stories about it recently (I'm not sure if the the rake man is the same being?)

There are things out there that stay hidden in the shadows... The question is are you brave enough to hold a light?

TimeFlipper

This is the trailer for the movie that contains the Slenderman in it, who is a mysterious paranormal entity that has been around for centuries :eek:.

solodroid

Well, that seems interesting enough, that circle and cross, I've drawn those before in doodles... Is that like his calling or something?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

solodroid

I did some research and found out, that he isn't real, and that it started as a meme, and unfortunately developed into two young girls almost killing a friend to go "join him. " How sad. We actually don't realise how impressionable youngsters are.

Secretman3811

Who can give me more information in an entity called Slender man? I'm not sure if he is an inhuman spirit or if he is an alien. I have heard a few stories about it recently (I'm not sure if the the rake man is the same being?)

There are things out there that stay hidden in the shadows... The question is are you brave enough to hold a light?

here is it...What Is Slender Man?
from another website go there.

BlastTyrant

The Slender Man was created on June 10, 2009 on a thread in the Something Awful Internet forum. The thread was a photoshop contest in which users were challenged to editeveryday photographs to appear paranormal. A forum poster with the user name "Victor Surge" contributed two black and white images of groups of children, to which he added a tall, thin spectral figure wearing a black suit.[3][4] Although previous entries had consisted solely of photographs, Surge supplemented his submission with snatches of text—supposedly from witnesses—describing the abductions of the groups of children, and giving the character the name "The Slender Man":

The quote under the first photograph read:

We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time…

— 1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.[4]
The quote under the second photograph read:

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as “The Slender Man”. Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

— 1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.[4]
These additions effectively transformed the photographs into a work of fiction. Subsequent posters expanded upon the character, adding their own visual or textual contributions.[3][4]

Victor Surge (real name Eric Knudsen)[5] was inspired to create the Slender Man primarily by Zack Parsons' "That Insidious Beast", Stephen King's The Mist, reports of shadow people,Mothman and the Mad Gasser of Mattoon.[6] Other inspirations for the character were the Tall Man from the Phantasm film series,[7][page needed] H. P. Lovecraft, the surrealist work ofWilliam S. Burroughs, and the survival horror video games Silent Hill and Resident Evil.[8] Knudsen's intention was "to formulate something whose motivations can barely be comprehended, and [which caused] unease and terror in a general population."[9]

solodroid

Thank you so much for this, it's really interesting. And for going into so much detail.