Snowden's Irony

Justinian

This is a really big topic lately and I harbor a lot of anger towards this subject, but TODAY.. I just wanted to point out something that everyone else and every news agency has failed to do...

Snowden wanted to "supposedly" let the World know about the metadata collection practices and the spying done by the NSA.

Here's the kicker folks.. He fled to a country that is one of the most notorious countries in the world as far as spying on others, spying on its own people, murdering its own people for insubordination, and openly following them without cause.

So.. Edward Snowden.. You thought America was so bad? Welcome to the home of the KGB.. errmm.. sorry, they're more polite now as the FSB right? LOL. I'm sure some will put him up on a pedestal that he sacrificed his freedoms to inform everyone of this. Newsflash. Every government in the world already knows that we spy on them and we know they spy on us. That's been understand as a part of the untrustworthy nature of being human that we always try to spy on our neighbors to make sure that they aren't trying to kill us. And Americans already knew, or should have, that we were being tracked and spied on. Private companies have been and always have eavesdropped on phone calls, texts, and whatever else comes out of your phone since the time that phone calls had to go through a physical operator to connect you. You are tracked via your social security number, your credit score.. these are all forms of metadata, but now that this guy decided to circumvent things.. he's the hero for showing us what we should have already known? Am I the only one that this doesn't make sense to?

Is it right? I never said that. Once again on a forum as devoted to uncovering and understanding corruption and conspiracies.. the main point is being pulled over our eyes like a thick sheepskin blanket and people are missing the point. The point is not that this man is some hero that was revealing a truth to the world. There are many other countries, especially ones that were spied on that.. IF this was such a big deal, he could have went there and he'd be more "free" there. France, UK, Germany, Israel.. Hell even China, Iran, or North Korea. Many of these places albeit, maybe not so free, would have been a better choice than the mother creator of social injustices.. But then again.. Americans can't see past the media's perspective that this was some heroic American doing the "right" thing. Please... Wake up Paranormalis and see the light!

If you can ask yourself, and successfully answer these two questions without thinking (for once) that America was the bad guy here, then you might find the truth:

1. Why did Snowden choose Russia of all places? (Here's a hint: The Cold War is over, so that's not the answer.)
2. The time for wikileaks is 3 years past. Why did he choose this critical moment in America's international political scheme to "reveal" this stuff?

( Note on 2. America is at a crossroads now where YES we understand we are the police force of the world and we're trying to maintain that balance, but our "allies" are becoming wary of the shit that is coming out of our country. That you can find by reading any news page outside of the US and see what they're thinking.)