So you want to travel through time

Lucidus

Re: So you want to travel through time

As for me, I probably would win the lotto once just to have some spending cash, but that would not be my primary focus. What I would do is study the laws of cause and effect. I would intentionally create paradoxes and then see how the universe reacts.

so has anybody seen butterfly effect what whas it that he did to travelle back in time whas that a form of astral proyeccion

I think the TT in butterly effect simply used will-power or something similar to travel in time. As only his consciousness seemed to travel back and not his "real" body, it could be considered a type of astral projection. This seems to be a popular theory for time travel, probably because it doesn't require an expensive, energy-guzzling time machine. And who know, based on some of the more bizarre aspects of quantum mechanics it might work.

August

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
I want to sit on the cliffs of Thermopylae and watch the Spartans defend Democracy from Assyrian Imperialism. A good bottle of Glen Livet by my side and a grandstand view.[/b]

Grayson, I am right there with you. Thanks for taking me along. I have a bottle of Oban. Here is the way the screenplay ends:

A cliff. Grayson and August sit in lawn chairs in front of the machine, the bottles of scotch nearly empty.

As the five Persians parade Leonidas' battered body past the Tyrant's viewing platform, Grayson looks out across the chalky cliffs towards the sun, now a low smear of orange.

GRAYSON [quietly] "I didn't think the end would be so abrupt."

AUGUST [nervously, slurring, pointing] "Uh. Looks like Xerxes' retainers just figured out we've had a better view than they did today--let's get outta here, man."

An arrow glances off the machine as the two stumble quickly in, leaving roughly two cups of premium scotch and lawn chairs for the Persians to enjoy.

thenumbersix

Definitely experience, besides if you went back and somehow won yourself the lottery you'd create a new timeline with a version of yourself in it, you'd still have to come back to your own true timeline where you left from and where you are still p*ss poor :D

Fabel

Travel and find the end of time

I really want to go so far into the future i find the apocalypse. As Stephen Gibbs predicts he says there is a barrier from year 2012 - 2013 and reinforced there was a professor that said it was December 21st when it occured. So bassicly i want to go check out the apocalypse.

JRSpencer

Re: Travel and find the end of time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Fabel\")</div>
I really want to go so far into the future i find the apocalypse. As Stephen Gibbs predicts he says there is a barrier from year 2012 - 2013 and reinforced there was a professor that said it was December 21st when it occured. So bassicly i want to go check out the apocalypse.[/b]

Explain this barrier to me. I'm kinda of in the dark about it.

I think if anyone is trying to develop a machine to explore time it would be the government. Something like that, which would re-write physics, is going to remain secret even after it's would-be completion.