Sphere

John

Sphere

I read this a long time ago. But if I remember correctly the vessel that they find at the bottom of the ocean is a space ship that traveled back to the early centuries of the planet, crashed in the water and laid there for millions of years. I liked that concept of time travel. That it could be all around us, we just have to look harder.

HackimerRob

Sphere

I read the book and saw the movie. It's a Michael Chrichton book, and I think it's better than "timeline" which in the scheme of real time travel discussions is almost a moot point.

lev

Sphere

::.. Here's a great example of possible Time Travel ..::

antikythera_lg.jpg

The Antikythera Mechanism
A perplexing artifact was recovered by sponge-divers from a shipwreck in 1900 off the coast of Antikythera, a small island that lies northwest of Crete. The divers brought up from the wreck a great many marble and and bronze statues that had apparently been the ship's cargo. Among the findings was a hunk of corroded bronze that contained some kind of mechanism composed of many gears and wheels. Writing on the case indicated that it was made in 80 B.C., and many experts at first thought it was an astrolabe, an astronomer's tool. An x-ray of the mechanism, however, revealed it to be far more complex, containing a sophisticated system of differential gears. Gearing of this complexity was not known to exist until 1575! It is still unknown who constructed this amazing instrument 2,000 years ago or how the technology was lost.

lev

Sphere

::.. And another ..::

metal_tube.jpg

Out-of-Place Metal Objects
Humans were not even around 65 million years ago, never mind people who could work metal. So then how does science explain semi-ovoid metallic tubes dug out of 65-million-year-old Cretaceous chalk in France? In 1885, a block of coal was broken open to find a metal cube obviously worked by intelligent hands. In 1912, employees at an electric plant broke apart a large chunk of coal out of which fell an iron pot! A nail was found embedded in a sandstone block from the Mesozoic Era. And there are many, many more such anomalies.

What are we to make of these finds? There are several possibilities:

- Intelligent humans date back much, much further than we realize.
- Other intelligent beings and civilizations existed on earth far beyond our recorded history.
- Our dating methods are completely inaccurate, and that stone, coal and fossils form much more rapidly than we now estimate.
- Visitors from our future left behind clues to help us advance.