Spirit Slates

Justinian

I have a story (very long one) that I told in another thread and I won't retell the entire thing. But, basically I was at a seance and the man used a piece of paper that he folded in half and broke off a pencil lead and put in the middle of the fold. He then sealed this inside a small envelope. The envelope was passed around the room and everyone signed the envelope. Then it was passed to him where he asked questions to a spirit and the lights went out. When the envelope was found it was opened and there was a message inside on the paper. Now he said this was a modern version of what I've now found to be called spirit slates.

If you do a search for spirit slates, all these magic related sites come up showing you how to do the "trick". But I have yet to find anyone doing anything like this with the paper inside a sealed envelope. Without going into the whole story, it would have taken quite a few "plants" in the audience as we were all crammed into a crowded, small bathroom, for this. But, outside of that, has anyone ever heard of this being done? Either real or "magic"?

Note: When I say magic, I don't mean magick. Magic is what stage performers do. Magick is how it is sometimes spelled when referring to the type that Wiccans do. So the case here being that I'm referring to stage performing.