Surviving the JT scenario.

Darkwolf

Re: Surviving the JT scenario.

Yes, Paladin press does publis such things, and mabey we should get rid of the link for safety reasons. However they publish a great deal of stuff that would be useful in surviving this or any similar event, so keep the name. The people here are bright enough to find it themselves. Do visit that site its got a wealth of useful and just plain interasting stuff.

sinister

I would be happy to remove the link if you'd like, I sort of had those insecurities about the Press company when I put up the link, hence why I described it as 'a little freaky'. And yes, there are a lot of books sold from this press on the topics you just listed. I think they have entire sections devoted to paper tripping and locksmithing. However, these do all have some potential use to all of us, I hate to say. This publisher is definately one of the places you need to pick and choose what topics are right for you, as some of it can be a little...intense.

EDIT: ok for some reason it won't let me edit that earlier post, I'm guessing that's just a board feature, but I was going to change it to remove that URL and leave the publisher name so people could find it. If an admin wants to go in and remove that, I have no problem with that, but I can't edit it myself for some reason.

Judge Bean

The good news is that the postal service has contingency plans in case of nuclear attack on your home town!

They have gone to all of the trouble to arrange change of address cards that you can send to your post office so that your mail can be diverted to your place of relocation!

Your place of relocation is determined by the FEMA plan for your region; if you live in a city, you already have had a small town picked out just for you and your family!

You can even buy a special mailbox that is specially designed to withstand a nuclear blast! That's in case you didn't manage to get all of your mail diverted to your temporary emergency address.

What a wonderful country!

Ghost

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
The good news is that the postal service has contingency plans in case of nuclear attack on your home town!

They have gone to all of the trouble to arrange change of address cards that you can send to your post office so that your mail can be diverted to your place of relocation!

Your place of relocation is determined by the FEMA plan for your region; if you live in a city, you already have had a small town picked out just for you and your family!

You can even buy a special mailbox that is specially designed to withstand a nuclear blast! That's in case you didn't manage to get all of your mail diverted to your temporary emergency address.

What a wonderful country![/b]

What?

sinister

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>

[/b]
Sounds like a great way to keep track of city-fleeing citizens.

Heinrich Hundekok

I couldn't help thinking that this situation has been described lots of times in fiction - some I find very convincing. I can definitely reccomend John Wyndham's "The Day of the Triffids".
Except for the part with the trifids and all the blind people, it describes the crumbling of modern society in a very realistic manner - I especially like the multitudes of ways people try to cope with the new situation, the differences in attitude ie. hostility, filanthropy, militarism and so on.

The day civilization comes to an end I'd definitely keep this wonderful piece of fiction in the back of my head.

H.H.

StarLord

Lots of symbolism in that film. Humanity is Blind. The mother of us all, the Sea, is what destroys the triffids.

If the triffids had PF Flyers, they would have been able to jump their highest and run their fastest, no body would have made it to that Light House, the movie would have been much shorter.