Switching Consciousness to Different Timeline

Thelema

The concept of parallel timelines comes from, in large part, the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics. To oversimplify it a bit, the question is - why are quantum-level events nondeterministic while our everyday world is deterministic? Quantum mechanics are influenced by the observer, but that's not true in our day to day life. So there is a difficulty in harmonizing quantum mechanics with our usual interpretations of physics. This is called "quantum decoherence", when phenomena is no longer explained by quantum mechanics but rather classical mechanics.

One theory is that there must be parallel timelines in which all of these other possible events happen. In other words, the universe actually is non-deterministic like we see on the quantum level, but we only see one set of events from our perspective. There are, presumably, other versions of ourselves experiencing different events. Everything that is possible under the laws of physics has happened somewhere under this interpretation, most likely in an infinite number of alternate universes.

There are many challenges to this belief, particularly because there's no "bleed through" so it can't really be proven to be true or false. One complaint is that the Many Worlds Interpretation doesn't account for gravity. Gravity isn't really relevant to quantum-level events. Once gravity becomes relevant, the world becomes deterministic.

But even if the MWI is correct, I'm not sure how you could theoretically jump from timeline to timeline. Human consciousness doesn't seem to be subject to quantum mechanics so it doesn't create branching possibilities.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The concept of parallel timelines comes from, in large part, the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics. To oversimplify it a bit, the question is - why are quantum-level events nondeterministic while our everyday world is deterministic? Quantum mechanics are influenced by the observer, but that's not true in our day to day life. So there is a difficulty in harmonizing quantum mechanics with our usual interpretations of physics. This is called "quantum decoherence", when phenomena is no longer explained by quantum mechanics but rather classical mechanics.

One theory is that there must be parallel timelines in which all of these other possible events happen. In other words, the universe actually is non-deterministic like we see on the quantum level, but we only see one set of events from our perspective. There are, presumably, other versions of ourselves experiencing different events. Everything that is possible under the laws of physics has happened somewhere under this interpretation, most likely in an infinite number of alternate universes.

There are many challenges to this belief, particularly because there's no "bleed through" so it can't really be proven to be true or false. One complaint is that the Many Worlds Interpretation doesn't account for gravity. Gravity isn't really relevant to quantum-level events. Once gravity becomes relevant, the world becomes deterministic.

But even if the MWI is correct, I'm not sure how you could theoretically jump from timeline to timeline. Human consciousness doesn't seem to be subject to quantum mechanics so it doesn't create branching possibilities.

Consider the reality we experience is just one from freedom of choice. Perhaps if we develop the mental ability to experience a multi-conscious reality, where we experience all choices simultaneously, we will then see our reality from the real perspective.

I've always wondered why dear will stand still in the road staring into the headlights of an oncoming car and choose to die that way. But if it has the perspective of a multi-conscious point of view, it actually didn't die. It lives on merely by being a multi-conscious being.

Thelema

Consider the reality we experience is just one from freedom of choice. Perhaps if we develop the mental ability to experience a multi-conscious reality, where we experience all choices simultaneously, we will then see our reality from the real perspective.

I've always wondered why dear will stand still in the road staring into the headlights of an oncoming car and choose to die that way. But if it has the perspective of a multi-conscious point of view, it actually didn't die. It lives on merely by being a multi-conscious being.

At night, deer's eyes dilate much more than a human's. This gives them amazing night vision but they are also much more susceptible to bright lights as a result. Car headlights blind them real bad, like having a flashbang go off a couple inches from your face. One typical prey response to fear is to simply freeze entirely, hoping that the predator doesn't spot them. This is what they do, and then they get hit with car. They aren't choosing to die, it's just that their natural response to predators doesn't factor in a five-ton death machine hurtling down the road at 70mph.

8thsinner

If anything can be quantum then everything must be quantum. What you are missing is what makes things appear non quantum and this is simply the shared belief systems of what reality looks like. Not one observer, but a thousand, a million...they all have a charge, and a million of them has a lot of charge, a lot of potential reducing the higher odds of probabilities. One pebble in the sea isn't going to get much notice, but a meteor the size of a stadium makes a hell of a wave. At the surface level this wave may appear very materialistic but at it's core its still just quantum observer effect creating it.

As for gravity, when you're at the level of quantum you learn there is no time, no gravity, only simulation, only hologram.

And i'm pretty sure there plenty of bleed through, but what is it you define bleed through as?

8thsinner

It is theoretically possible, it's what the human form was designed to be capable of doing. But reaching that level..on this planet at this time, thats a whole different story. It comes down to the level of dna activation. Most awakened ppl sit around 15-20% getting stuck in rabbit holes endlessly, I know one person at 33% last she checked six months ago, and at that level its a basic awareness of other timelines, standard telepathy, potentials into telekinesis if practiced etc. Most of the planet still aren't awake, and I think proper awakening begins around 11-12%
But it's not a fixed thing either, having a 33% potential would mean at the very depths of meditation, not the day to day walking around taking a piss, feeding the kids, driving the car, etc.
It tends to act as a range, i'm not sure what that range is but it's connected to how much self and moment awareness you have in any moment. Like, one minute you could be driving around with 24% because you're in joy, heading to see friends, but in that almost hypnogogic auto driving meditative state where you could just as easily switch between singing with the radio or atral projecting, the next you could be hit by a car and plummet in potential, but that lowest point, it goes up as your highest range does, so it may only drop down to 18% or something, instead of the average 10% person who might worry about death like its a real thing...if that makes sense, once you reach a certain level theres no "believing" in reincarnation and all that, you just remember, it gives way to knowing, and things like that you can't un see, or un know even at your lowest point. Given the universe is running on base 12 math at our current level of understanding, I'd be willing to put money on the lowest potential of that marker covers about 12% difference to your highest potential.

The film lucy seems to be one of the first films I'm aware off anyway that sort of translates this meta knowledge into a more material perspective but it also seems pretty close to true, the first thing she sees is auras, and instantly understand foreign languages. At our real human level, seeing auras isn't hard, any open minded person can learn the basics in five minutes, but seeing into flesh an broken bones, thats high high level clairvoyance, and pretty high level telepathy too. Her next step with high level telekinesis would take people here a few decades. I've only ever seen one person, a pretty old russian dude (i'd guess ex kgb) able to move furniture, like beds, chairs, etc.

Last edited:

Thelema

If anything can be quantum then everything must be quantum.

Well that's the problem. We know that quantum stuff behaves in a quantum way, but the observable world behaves according to classic mechanics. Theories like MWI try to explain why that's the case, but there are other theories, too. MWI is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. That doesn't make it wrong of course, just that it can't be proven wrong.