5 Reasons Why The Food Supply In The United States Is Going To Continue To Shrink (Those on the lowest rungs of the economic food chain will be

Swp57

Doomsday Survival Blog
We are truly moving into unprecedented times. For decades, the U.S. has been the leading agricultural power in the world. Most of us have lived our entire lives in an environment of “more than enough”, and that is because food production has never been a major concern in this nation. But now things are changing. Food production is being hit from all sides by a “perfect storm” of problems, and this “perfect storm” is only going to intensify in the months ahead. The following are 5 reasons why the food supply in the United States is going to continue to shrink…

#1 Are you ready to eat less beef? The worst drought in the western half of the country “in 1,200 years” is forcing countless ranchers to reduce the size of their herds. As a result, “beef production is expected to decline by 7%” by 2023…

Persistent drought conditions throughout the Western U.S. have decimated grazing pastures which causes cattle farmers to spend more money on supplemental feed which presents another major problem for the beef industry.

By 2023, beef production is expected to decline by 7% and cattle prices are expected to increase to record highs. These increased costs and shrinking supply pose serious problems for meatpackers like Tyson Foods Inc., JBS USA holdings Inc., Cargill Inc., and National Beef Packing Co. It is likely that the increased cost of beef production is already being passed onto consumers. The more expensive it is to raise and maintain cows, and as fewer cows are raised for slaughter, the more expensive beef products will eventually cost. Ground beef and chicken prices have already reached all-time highs.

#2 The extraordinary drought in the western half of the country has also had an enormous impact on the winter wheat harvest. It was 8 percent smaller than last year, and so that is going to mean less bread and pizza to go around as the year rolls along…

In the first survey-based projection of the 2022 crop, the US Department of Agriculture in its May 12 Crop Production report forecast winter wheat production in 2022 at 1.173 billion bushels, down 103.818 million, or 8%, from 1.277 billion bushels in 2021.

The USDA winter wheat forecast was based on harvested area projected at 24.499 million acres, down 965,000 acres, or 4%, from 25.464 million acres in 2021, and an average yield forecast of 47.9 bushels an acre, down from 50.2 bushels an acre in 2021.

#3 Thanks to extremely bizarre weather conditions, spring planting was way behind schedule in many parts of the Midwest…

Farmers in parts of the Midwest are behind their usual schedules for spring planting because of wet weather conditions. According to the latest Agriculture Department crop progress report, 49% of corn acreage has been planted in the 18 states surveyed, compared with 78% this time last year; 30% of soybean acreage, compared with 58%.

When crops don’t get planted in time, that means lower yields when harvest season finally arrives.

#4 More than 37 million chickens and turkeys have been wiped out in the U.S. during the new bird flu pandemic that has erupted this year, and that is going to mean less chicken meat, less turkey meat and less eggs for all of us. Already, the price of eggs has reached absolutely insane levels…

This week, a dozen Happy Egg free-range grade-A large brown eggs sold for $4.99. The price of Kroger grade A and AA large eggs was $4.39.

The situation wasn’t much different at Cottonwood’s Safeway on May 23, where a stock clerk attributed empty shelves to the increasing demand for eggs and lagging deliveries.

#5 In Florida, a disease known as “citrus greening” is causing immense damage. In fact, we just witnessed the worst crop of oranges in Florida in 70 years…

Florida oranges had their worst crop in 70 years. They’re facing a deadly disease called citrus greening, spread in the body of the invasive Asian citrus psyllid. Today, nearly every citrus grove in Florida is infected with the disease. If an orange tree were to remain untreated, the disease would block its ability to get nutrients and kill it within a few years.

Each one of the factors that I just listed is a crisis.

Collectively, they represent an extremely serious threat.

We are going to produce a lot less food than anticipated this year, and this comes at a time when the entire globe is facing a “food catastrophe” of unprecedented size and scope.

Sara Menker, the CEO of Gro Intelligence, recently warned the UN Security Council that global food supplies are dwindling fast…

“We currently only have 10 weeks of global consumption sitting in inventory around the world,” Menker says. “Conditions today are worse than those experienced in 2007 and 2008.”

Estimates from official government agencies all around the world suggest that current wheat inventories are hovering around 33 percent of annual consumption. Models created by Gro Intelligence, however, suggest that the true figure is more like 20 percent, a level not seen since 2007 and 2008.

“It is important to note that the lowest grain inventory levels the world has ever seen are now occurring while access to fertilizers is highly constrained,” Menker adds.

Read the part about “the lowest grain inventory levels the world has ever seen” again.

That should chill you to the core, because there isn’t going to be enough food to feed everyone in the months to come.

In fact, we are being told that “one-fifth of the global population” could soon fall into poverty and hunger…

For months, the specter of a global hunger crisis has been looming. The war in Ukraine is a compounding factor, blocking key value chains for food and fertilizer just as the world reckons with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on global hunger.

Add the pervasive effects of climate change to the mix, and the result is what the United Nations is calling a “perfect storm” that risks one-fifth of the global population – as many as 1.7 billion people – falling into poverty and hunger.

Those that regularly follow my work know that I have been relentlessly warning about a coming global famine.

Now it is here.

Just a few days ago, it was already being reported that demand at food banks all over the planet has been dramatically increasing…

The Global Food Banking Network works with member food banks in 44 countries, and many of them in Africa, Asia, and Latin America are already reporting that higher food prices are contributing to an increase in demand for emergency food assistance.

For example, a partner food bank in Ecuador, Banco de Alimentos Quito, has reported a 50 percent increase in demand for services, while another partner, India Food Banking Network, has warned the number of people requesting food has doubled recently.

Most of us don’t have a frame of reference for what is about to happen, because most of us have never been through anything like this before.

Right now, we are still in the very early stages of this crisis, and experts are telling us that it will be significantly worse by the end of the year.

Those on the lowest rungs of the economic food chain will be hit the hardest, but things will soon get quite uncomfortable even in the wealthiest of nations.

Source: swp57 | 5 Reasons Why The Food Supply In The United States Is Going To Continue To Shrink (Those on the lowest rungs of the economic food chain will be hit the hardest, but things will soon get quite uncomfortable even in the wealthiest of nations.)

BlastTyrant

I moved out here to Las Vegas and the water is probably the biggest topic around, how Colorado is getting less and less snow fall which is what we relied on to fill the resevoirs, people like to yell at Las Vegas but the Colorado also fills southern Cal, AZ, NM and southern Utah, there are enough underground water pockets to keep us going for awhile but it doesn't seem like anyone is really trying to fix the issue which is really strange to me.

You'd think one of the top 10 cities in the US and top 20 in the whole world for travel destinations they'd try to fix. I know we are now taking water from Wyoming, but desalination isn't even on the list and that is easily the most viable solution.

Also one of the major topics is how windy it has been this year, something with the weather isn't right, to me this doesn't feel like just global warming, the wind feels empty like it is supposed to be pushing our spring storms but there just isnt anything there??

You go down to the river and the current feels like it is struggling but not by lack of snow or water but like it is being held back intentionally, i dont know, but there is so many things working against us and human kind in general.

I don't want to go full blown foil hat but i think we are screwed, even with the 2024 elections coming up i don't think it'll save us. There is so much foul play in effect right now and they are pushing it hard before anyone can get into office to try and hinder it.

One thing i noticed also is when filling up Gas doesn't smell the same anymore, i ride a motorcycle and up until this massive gas hike you could easily smell the gas when filling the tank as you sit right next to it, now you can barely smell anything and the gas mileage on all my vehicles have dropped drastically, i could ride into work for 2 weeks and fill the bike for 15 bucks, now i can barely get a week in before all my gas is gone, same with my car and truck.

You can see the empty shelves at almost any store down here of stuff that shouldn't be empty, i don't think there is a shortage of anything honestly, i think it is being held back by higher up's for their own gain and so people can learn to rely on the Gov for more and more.

Beholder

I moved out here to Las Vegas and the water is probably the biggest topic around, how Colorado is getting less and less snow fall which is what we relied on to fill the resevoirs, people like to yell at Las Vegas but the Colorado also fills southern Cal, AZ, NM and southern Utah, there are enough underground water pockets to keep us going for awhile but it doesn't seem like anyone is really trying to fix the issue which is really strange to me.

You'd think one of the top 10 cities in the US and top 20 in the whole world for travel destinations they'd try to fix. I know we are now taking water from Wyoming, but desalination isn't even on the list and that is easily the most viable solution.

Also one of the major topics is how windy it has been this year, something with the weather isn't right, to me this doesn't feel like just global warming, the wind feels empty like it is supposed to be pushing our spring storms but there just isnt anything there??

You go down to the river and the current feels like it is struggling but not by lack of snow or water but like it is being held back intentionally, i dont know, but there is so many things working against us and human kind in general.

I don't want to go full blown foil hat but i think we are screwed, even with the 2024 elections coming up i don't think it'll save us. There is so much foul play in effect right now and they are pushing it hard before anyone can get into office to try and hinder it.

One thing i noticed also is when filling up Gas doesn't smell the same anymore, i ride a motorcycle and up until this massive gas hike you could easily smell the gas when filling the tank as you sit right next to it, now you can barely smell anything and the gas mileage on all my vehicles have dropped drastically, i could ride into work for 2 weeks and fill the bike for 15 bucks, now i can barely get a week in before all my gas is gone, same with my car and truck.

You can see the empty shelves at almost any store down here of stuff that shouldn't be empty, i don't think there is a shortage of anything honestly, i think it is being held back by higher up's for their own gain and so people can learn to rely on the Gov for more and more.
Maybe sellers of mineral water are secretly pushing for higher sales. :unsure: Once everyone wasted the last reserve, everyone has to buy bottled water like in China. More oil to transportation and producing PET bottles too.

lamdo263

If government wanted to when the east floods from excess rain, they could use 18 inch flexible, or straight plastic pipe to take that water over a few states and put it in Lake Mead. They can also capture an iceberg taking it to Los Angeles, cutting it up trucking up to revivors in Calif. The issue to me, seems that they just don't want to.

Be mindful of a predicted alien landing year 2022-3. This might end up taking a lot of people off of Earth.

lamdo263

We are truly moving into unprecedented times. For decades, the U.S. has been the leading agricultural power in the world. Most of us have lived our entire lives in an environment of “more than enough”, and that is because food production has never been a major concern in this nation. But now things are changing. Food production is being hit from all sides by a “perfect storm” of problems, and this “perfect storm” is only going to intensify in the months ahead. The following are 5 reasons why the food supply in the United States is going to continue to shrink…

#1 Are you ready to eat less beef? The worst drought in the western half of the country “in 1,200 years” is forcing countless ranchers to reduce the size of their herds. As a result, “beef production is expected to decline by 7%” by 2023…

#2 The extraordinary drought in the western half of the country has also had an enormous impact on the winter wheat harvest. It was 8 percent smaller than last year, and so that is going to mean less bread and pizza to go around as the year rolls along…

#3 Thanks to extremely bizarre weather conditions, spring planting was way behind schedule in many parts of the Midwest…

When crops don’t get planted in time, that means lower yields when harvest season finally arrives.

#4 More than 37 million chickens and turkeys have been wiped out in the U.S. during the new bird flu pandemic that has erupted this year, and that is going to mean less chicken meat, less turkey meat and less eggs for all of us. Already, the price of eggs has reached absolutely insane levels…

#5 In Florida, a disease known as “citrus greening” is causing immense damage. In fact, we just witnessed the worst crop of oranges in Florida in 70 years…

Each one of the factors that I just listed is a crisis.

Collectively, they represent an extremely serious threat.

We are going to produce a lot less food than anticipated this year, and this comes at a time when the entire globe is facing a “food catastrophe” of unprecedented size and scope.

Sara Menker, the CEO of Gro Intelligence, recently warned the UN Security Council that global food supplies are dwindling fast…

Read the part about “the lowest grain inventory levels the world has ever seen” again.

That should chill you to the core, because there isn’t going to be enough food to feed everyone in the months to come.

In fact, we are being told that “one-fifth of the global population” could soon fall into poverty and hunger…

Those that regularly follow my work know that I have been relentlessly warning about a coming global famine.

Now it is here.

Just a few days ago, it was already being reported that demand at food banks all over the planet has been dramatically increasing…

Most of us don’t have a frame of reference for what is about to happen, because most of us have never been through anything like this before.

Right now, we are still in the very early stages of this crisis, and experts are telling us that it will be significantly worse by the end of the year.

Those on the lowest rungs of the economic food chain will be hit the hardest, but things will soon get quite uncomfortable even in the wealthiest of nations.

Source: swp57 | 5 Reasons Why The Food Supply In The United States Is Going To Continue To Shrink (Those on the lowest rungs of the economic food chain will be hit the hardest, but things will soon get quite uncomfortable even in the wealthiest of nations.)
Rumor is that the Biden Admin simply took the baby formulas and gave it to the immigrants. I mean a normal size bible at his swearing in would have done nicely. But this guy had to put a bible there if you threw at someone, it would have killed them it was so large.

The US is not responsible for corrupt other governments that don't have a birth control, or proper economics systems, or selfish take all high ranked corruption that compose these other countries. That's their problem and the US should not serve as the world's butt wipe. We have a certain capacity and need to stay within those lines.

As the Afro people sometimes say in their lingo, as in a book published, "He lyin".

MODAT7

Of course, the answer to all this is Soylent Green...

The weather guy on TV blamed our local heatwave and drought on La Niña. That cycle will probably complete later this year.

@BlastTyrant: Gasoline formulation and mixing has changed a bit this year. It could account for some mileage drop, but I'm not sure if the mix would be that drastic for your motorcycle. First thing I recommend is making sure there isn't a small leak somewhere with your tank or fuel lines.

Last I heard, there were only 30-something freighters off the coast of California waiting to unload... down from 100+, but that's still a stupidly high number. Some food stuffs being shipped from overseas have a shelf life long enough to survive that, fresh foods don't.

BlastTyrant

Of course, the answer to all this is Soylent Green...

The weather guy on TV blamed our local heatwave and drought on La Niña. That cycle will probably complete later this year.

@BlastTyrant: Gasoline formulation and mixing has changed a bit this year. It could account for some mileage drop, but I'm not sure if the mix would be that drastic for your motorcycle. First thing I recommend is making sure there isn't a small leak somewhere with your tank or fuel lines.

Last I heard, there were only 30-something freighters off the coast of California waiting to unload... down from 100+, but that's still a stupidly high number. Some food stuffs being shipped from overseas have a shelf life long enough to survive that, fresh foods don't.

I would normally of blamed the Bike, but this isn't just my bike, it is also my ecoboost fusion and my truck, we did a group ride last weekend and everyone was complaining about the same thing, i think it is that drastic people just don't realize it. went from roughly 35 mpg on my Electra glide to about 28, i figured this out after a few months of driving i was using 3.5 Gallons of fuel every 2 weeks, this is about 5.7 miles one way so 11.4 round trip so roughly 55 miles a week and 110 every 2 weeks, this evens out to be about 3.2g "I get bored and drive a little extra some times"

Up until about a month ago this was my mileage, i am a avid traveler so counting miles is something i am keen on, i noticed roughly a month ago that i was getting my needle moving at the end of the week "5 gallon tank" which means i have used over a quarter of a tank, so i went to full up and it was 2 gallons of gas, i thought weird but okay, this continued every week i was burning through roughly 2 to 2.5 gallons a week, almost a 15 mpg drop in fuel efficiency consistantly!

So now that it is over 100 degree's in the great south west i ride less as well it is hot as balls on a leather seat.

Now i have a Ecoboost Fusion, this little runner gets about 25 mpg city on a 16.5 tank, using the same basics i use for the Harley i am losing almost 20 mpg efficiency in the car, now this is something most people would write off as bad gas or traffic but i use the same formula in my F150 and it is the same thing, all my vehicles have dropped a good chunk of gas mileage.

Now i typically sit on the bike when i fill it and this is when i noticed the lack of "gas smell" so i tested it with my car as well and same thing, you dont really get much a gas smell anymore at the pumps.

I tested this with the guys i ride with and they all had roughly the same loss of mpg a normal trip we could do on a tank of gas takes us 2 and all stated once they actually paid attention that they really couldn't smell the gas either, and it isn't like this is just one gas station this is several we have noticed!

MODAT7

I tested this with the guys i ride with and they all had roughly the same loss of mpg a normal trip we could do on a tank of gas takes us 2 and all stated once they actually paid attention that they really couldn't smell the gas either, and it isn't like this is just one gas station this is several we have noticed!
Yikes... I had heard that there was probably going to be a higher ethanol blend to help make up for the gas shortage. Maybe that's it. As I recall, ethanol doesn't burn as well and might account for reduced efficiency.

With my health problems I rarely get out, so I haven't been paying attention to my car's fuel efficiency. I only drive about 500mi/year. I used to zero out the trip meter at every fuel up and then divide the gallons to check. Maybe I should start doing that again.