T.I.M.E. Chapter 2

yeyeman9

T.I.M.E. Chapter 2

Please provide some feedback, that is the point of this after all. Thanks, I hope you enjoy it! (it is long but please read).

Chapter 2:

June 13, 3015 (1 year earlier)

Alex was walking towards a big building, it had around 300 floors. Flying cars passed all over him, in many directions. The building had the letters ?T.I.M.E.? written on it really big, readable from anywhere in the city. Bellow it, it said ?Time Institute of Mercenaries Enforcement? in smaller letters yet really readable. The letters looked like they were hollographicaly written, they were written in a red-bluish color.

It looked like there was a lot of activity inside the building. As soon as Alex opened the building?s door an AI female voice said ?Good morning Mr. Maverik.? ?Good morning (A.I. female name here), any messages for me?? said Alex gently. ?Yes sir, Mr. Lawrence wants to see you immediately? said (A.I. Female name here). ?Alright thank you very much? said Alex Maverik. ?No problem sir, have a good day? said (A.I. female name here). ?What will Mr. Lawrence possibly want me for?? whispered Alex in a wondering tone.

He went into the elevators and marked the numbers ?111?, which was the floor for his corresponding office. The elevator got there in a flash, as if it was instantly teleporting. The elevator doors opened and lot of action and people working could be seen. People walking around, people in computers, people talking to each other about certain jobs, etc. It was pretty full for only one floor. Alex walked, silently looking at everyone, towards his office. It was in the middle of a big room surrounded by over 50 more offices, which were actually only tables, and they all had their own computer. The computer?s monitor was holographic. It had two tubes, one on each side, and the image of the screen was reflected between the tubes. You could move the tubes farther from each other to make the screen bigger, or closer to each other to make it smaller. Though it seemed like it had no keyboard and no CPU. He then pressed a button which made the keyboard appear in a holographic way but it was an actual and normal material. The CPU was inside the two tubes that created the screen.

Alex turned on the screen and the holographic monitor appeared between the tubes. He noticed that he had a message and subject was ?Important! New Project? from [email protected] . He was nervous about this, almost never someone sent him such an important message so early on the morning. ?Oh well lets get it over with already then? Alex said to himself.

Alex stand up and walked to the right of his desk, he passed beside 3 desk, on one of them was an attractive women and in the desk it said ?Michele Decker?. She stared at him and said ?Good morning Alex? ?Hey Michele, I really can?t chat right now had an important message on my desk so I will talk to you later? said Alex in a little hurry. ?Alright then, see ya later and good luck? said Michele ?Thanks,? said Alex ?I will need it? he said whispering.

He entered Mr.Lawrence office. Mr.Lawrence was writing something on his computer which he closed fast enough so Alex couldn?t get a glance of it. ?Did you want to see me sir?? asked Alex politely. ?Indeed, Mr. Maverik,? said Mr.Lawrence ?I want to talk to you about my new project. I call it Project XT200. It is a weapon that will be mounted on your shoulder and for every kill you get with it, in any time that is not this one, you will become stronger.? ?Why would I need this?sir?? asked Alex confused. ?Well what if something goes wrong in the past and when you return it is all different and you can?t defend yourself?? said Mr.Lawrence ?You will need something like this.? ?Sir, there is no risk that our present will change to worse from our travels to the past.? Said Alex in a critic way ?Every mission is well measured and analyzed before it is realized.? ?Well Mr. Maverik, we are humans we can commit errors in any given moment.? Said Mr.Lawrence as if he knew something. ?What exactly do you mean, sir?? asked Alex puzzled. ?What I mean is, that what if during the analysis something occurs and you let something happen that in our present it will be worse for humanity?? Mr.Lawrence said. ?I really don?t know why you bring this up, but I am afraid I will need to refuse your project? said Alex. ?Fine, do as you will. You will definitely regret it. Now leave my office.? Said Mr.Lawrence shouting. ?Yes sir.? Said Alex puzzled.

Alex walked out of the office as fast as he could, Michele looked at him. She stand up and said ?What happened in there? Everyone heard him shouting? ?Nothing, this guy seems really weird, I say we shall keep an eye on him.? Said Alex. ?Why you say that?? asked Michele scared ?Just trust me, there is nothing to be scared off though, he is a simple guy and we are a big company. He can?t harm us.? Alex said confidently. ?Whatever you say Alex, whatever you say? said Michele without believing Alex?s story.

He sat on his desk, he thought on what just happened inside Mr.Lawrence. ?I think this guy knows something I don?t. He is planning something and I don?t like it?at all? he whispered to himself. ?I wonder what he is planning, this guy has always hated me since I joined this institute.? One hour later a message poped up on his computer screen. It said ?Mr. Maverik, please go to the mission?s room. We have an important mission for you and the crew. You are leading this one.? Alex was not surprise to receive such a message, he was usually the leader. Although, he has not lead the last 3 missions he has been to.

A lot of people stood from their desks. Apparently they were sent to the mission room as well. When Alex got there, there were around 20 people. Michele was between the crowd as well, ?hey there big boy? she said. ?Hey Michele,? said Alex looking around ?any idea who started this mission or what is it about?? ?No, no idea at all. I just got here as well.? Michele answered. ?I wonder if it was?? Alex said wondering. ?Who Alex? Who?? Michele asked desperate ?Never mind? said Alex. ?But?? Michele started but was interrupted by (A.I. Female name) ?Good morning everyone. Thanks for attending. This is one of the most important and risky missions you will have to do while working with us. As most of you remember a terrorist attack occurred at Sundrop City on November 9th 3011. For those of you who have not heard about this, it occurred on the 3 most active streets, where most flying cars fly at the same time. An MP bomb, bomb that turns off every electronic device around it, depending on its power it will reach bigger areas. This one covered the 3 streets up to the sky, so it surely got every car that was flying around it. The buildings, since they have the anti-gravity pods below them, as you all know this is used to prevent earthquakes from damaging the buildings. They fell to the ground getting destroyed and everyone inside the cars and buildings died. This happened around 3:45 PM but we don?t know when the bomb was placed nor where it was placed. So you need to look for it, kill the crew or man that did it, and return immediately. If you notice that you are close to the time when the bomb exploded, get back and you will try again, I am almost sure this won?t happen. You will be dropped in 15 minutes. Any questions?? ?Wouldn?t the MP bomb suppose to be in the second street, as in the middle one? Because if it was placed in street 1 or 3, as in the ones in the corners, then the MP bomb would have covered other streets. No?? Alex said as if it was suppose to be known already, especially from an AI. ?Good point indeed Mr. Maverik. You should check all streets just in case. Well, meeting is over, prepare yourselves from travel, dismiss.? Said (A.I. Female name)

yeyeman9

Re: T.I.M.E. Chapter 2

Everyone left the room, some of them were scared, others were excited. Alex was none, he knew there was something wrong and he simply didn?t like it. He had the feeling Mr.Lawrence had something to do with it, and because of what just happened an hour ago, he was worried not only for himself but for his teammates.

While walking Michele came from behind ?Alex, are you sure you are alright? You have a big mission in your hands now, I am sure you will do a great job.? Michele asked, worrying about him. ?Yeah I am alright, I am just worried that?s all. Work tension, you know how it is.? Alex said with a smile in his face. ?Heck, I really do how it is.? Michele said and they both laughed. ?Well anyways, get ready because we have to go soon. I will start to do some mission plans. I will see you in 3011.? Alex said. ?Sure thing kiddo.? Michele said and got away from Alex while Alex sat on his desk. He had the mission plan in his computer screen. He saw a little video which showed the whole terrorist attack. He analyzed it to see if he could see where the bomb generated. He noticed it was definitely from the middle, but he was going to investigate it all either way.

Departure hour arrived. Everyone was ready and they met at the time machine area. The doors were thick and made of an impenetrable metal alloy. On both sides of the doors there were sentry units, for security purposes, of course. As the doors open, the room behind it was huge and had nothing inside but two columns and what seemed some designs on the floor. When the time machine is activated, the ring designs on the floor shook up and down, creating the illusion that it was creating a circular platform around the subjects. Both columns were located at each end of the room. When the platforms reached a certain speed, the columns then created a blue and green energy materia, which expanded from each end. In a matter of minutes, the blue materia covers the whole ground which is about to be transported through time. Everything inside it will be taken to the arrival zone, which is normally a safe house that has been pinpointed by T.I.M.E. Sat Technology. As soon as both materia cover the ground, the moving platforms align in a staircase way, sealing the area so that nothing uncalled for, will sneak in nor out of the portal being opened. A bright light blinds everyone looking at the room, and then the platforms fall back into place, with nothing left inside. The subjects have been transported.

The time travelers were wearing a clock, they called them the ?TTRs?, also known as the ?Time Traveling Returners?, they used it to return to their present time. It also had other functions, like radio communication, a little holographic screen which gives them information regarding the mission, and others.

They had successfully time traveled. Their ?TTRs? stated the date ?November 9th, 3011? and the time was ?2:45 PM?. They had exactly 1 hour to localize the MP bomb and turn it off, and if they were looking to find the crew or man that did this. They were in a room, seemed like an abandoned room in a building. But they soon noticed they were in Sundrop City, since when they looked through the building they saw a lot of flying cars and a beautiful city. All shiny, lots of really tall building ?Space Scrapper? since they reached space. ?This was once called New York, before World War 3? Michele said. ?Smartass? someone whispered. ?Who the **** dares insult me?? Michele said pissed off ?Hold your horses. We are here as a team to stop a big event from happening. So stop fighting and stay cool.? Alex said putting some order in the room. Everyone stood silent, Alex was analyzing his mission information. It was stored in his ?returning clock? which showed up a little screen where he could browse the story briefing. ?Okay, according to this we are exactly between street 1 and street 2. Meaning that the street that you see through this window,? he said pointing towards a window ?is street 2. The street we need to really take care of. We are 20, so I want 2 snipers to stay here with 2 submachine gun men covering the snipers. The 2 snipers will be looking around in case they see anything strange. If there is a need of taking someone down, do so without fear, as soon as this happens call us all on the radio. We will all gather together. I also need 5 men to go street 3, and 5 men to go to street 1. The other 8, counting me, will stay here in street 2 searching for anything weird. We will investigate very building. Even though it does not look suspicious. Everyone got it?? Alex ordered. ?Sir yes sir!? everyone answered simultaneously.

?Team Alpha, you will be the ones staying here. Team Beta you will be the ones in street 3. Team Gamma you will be the ones in street 1 and Team Omega you will be the ones with me in street 2. I need you to stay in contact, all of you. Hide your weapons so you don?t appear to be suspicious. We need to accomplish this in our first try. If it seems like we can?t find the MP bomb, and it is 3:44 PM return to the base immediately, I will let you all know when it is 3:44 PM so don?t worry about it. I am almost certain this won?t happen though. Now dismiss!? Alex ordered. ?On the move! Go go go!? a man ordered. ?Lets keep it simple and easy people. Simple and easy!? Alex shouted while everyone left the room. ?Yes sir? everyone shouted as they kept leaving the room. ?Alright snipers you know what to do. Do what you are good at, keep an eye on everything that moves. If you see anything strange you know what to do.? Alex told the snipers ?Indeed sir, you will be save with us. I can guarantee that.? One of the sniper said with complete confidence. ?This is a piece of cake sir, my every day meal? the other sniper said as if this was a game. ?You and your games always Richard eh?? Alex said following the humor ?Yes sir, of course? Richard said smiling. ?Anyways, submachine gun men I need you to protect them as much as you can, if you see anything that is coming into this room without identifying themselves shoot them.? Alex ordered. ?Yes sir!? the submachine gun replied simultaneously. ?Alright Team Gamma, lets move out!? Alex said excited. They all moved out from the room, there were only 4 left in it, the two snipers and the two submachine gun men.

Alex went out of the building as if it was any normal day. Walking normally, so he wouldn?t call any attention from the pedestrians, which were lots. This was the most populated city on Earth. A lot of people walking around and a lot of traffic in the air. He could see all the cars flying above him and parking in the floating parking behind and below each building. The city was huge. He was impressed, it was something he had never seen before, in person that is. Himself from 3011 was planning on going the summer of 3012 there but since it got attacked he never went, but now he will be able to, if they succeed.

He had two goals about this mission ?to actually accomplish it because it is his duty? and ?to accomplish it so his past self, the one from 3011 one, could visit the city at last.?

?Team Beta in position, entering street three, this is really populated sir. It will take us some time to browse everything.? Team Beta Leader, Sergeant Kennan, reported. ?Yes, I am aware of the Sergeant. I just noticed the same thing from street two. I am pretty sure we will be able to pull it off though, good luck. Please report in again at 3:00 PM.? Alex replied. ?Sir, yes, sir. 10-4?. A 2 minutes pause passed and another call was received, this time from team Gamma ?This is Team Gamma, we are at street 1, reporting in. It is populated here too sir, but for some reason this seems to have more weird activities, sir.? Team Gamma Leader, Lieutenant Abbot, reported. ?What sort of weird activity Lieutenant Abbot?? Alex replied. ?Well, sir, all the pedestrians are walking faster than normal. My TTRs is registering fast heart beats from almost everyone, expect kids and dogs.? Lieutenant Abbot replied. ?That is weird Lieutenant. But it can?t be?the bomb can?t be there or else it would have gotten other streets. Seems like it could be there thought. Search everything, keep your eyes open. You might find something interesting, don?t let the minimum detail distract you, and don?t let the minimum detail behind. Anything can be a clue or a distraction. Keep your senses up, we need to do this. Good luck, over? Alex replied. ?Roger? Lieutenant Abbot said with excitement.

yeyeman9

Re: T.I.M.E. Chapter 2

?I have a feeling the bomb is not here Alex, in this street I mean.? Michele said with an uncertain touch. ?I have the same feeling Michele, but we can?t jump to conclusions without proof. We need to keep looking.? Alex replied. ?Alright, just don?t get too nervous, keep it clean.? Michele said, worrying. ?I will be alright, don?t worry about me. Lets keep moving.? Alex replied.

The checked every corner in the street. The street was really long, around 300 yards long, 3 football camps would fit here nicely. They checked below every building, since they were floating because of the anti-gravity lifts. They checked inside every building, behind every building, everywhere they could check, they did, even rooftops. Thirty minutes after their last communication through radio they received another call from Team Gamma, it was 3:09 PM ?Team Omega, this is Team Gamma please come in? Team Gamma?s leader said. ?This is Team Omega, I can hear you loud and clear Team Gamma? Alex replied. ?Sir we have found some sort of metallic thing. It has a counter and it ends at exactly 3:45 PM. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the MP bomb. But it is weird, because it is exactly at the corner of street one.? Lieutenant Abbot said. ?That definitely has something to do with the MP bomb. I have a feeling they just put this on. You didn?t notice something like this at the beginning of the street?? Alex replied. ?No sir, I don?t recall seen this before.? Lieutenant Abbot answered. ?Alright well, I need you to get one of your men to inspect this metallic thing. Meanwhile send someone else to investigate the beginning of the street again.? Alex ordered. ?Sir, yes sir.? Lieutenant Abbot replied.

?This is Team Beta, Team Omega please come in.? Sergeant Kennan said. ?This is Team Omega, come in Team Beta.? Alex replied. ?Sir, we found a metallic thing too at the end of street 3, and just as Lieutenant Abbot said, it has a countdown and it ends at 3:45 PM sir.? Sergeant Kennan reported. ?All right, there is no doubts then that this has definitely something to do with the MP bomb, what I will like to know is?what is it?? Alex wondered. ?Sir, if I am correct, when we studied MP bombs in class 34, the captain said that there were different types of MP bombs? Sergeant Kennan said. ?Keep going Sergeant? Alex ordered. ?Well sir, he stated that there was a type of MP bomb where you would set 4 MP, metallic, sticks on each corner, pretty much marking the area the bomb is going to cover.? Sergeant Kennan reported. ?So we would have to de-activate 4 of this things?? Alex asked making it seem difficult. ?Yes sir, we would need to de-activate 4 of this things.? Sergeant Kennan replied. ?Oh ****?Lieutenant Abbot, have you found anything yet regarding the bomb?? Alex asked. ?No sir, we can only see 3 strings. A red one, a blue one, and a green one. Which one shall we cut?? Lieutenant Abbot asked. ?I don?t know Lieutenant I flunked in class 34. Damn it! Sergeant any suggestions?? Alex asked in desperation. ?Well sir, usually the red one has to do with the displaying aspect of the bomb, while the blue one has to do with the whole combination of activation, and the green one carries the function of telling the blue one when to activate. So cut green one.? Sergeant Abbot suggested. ?Alright, do as he says Lieutenant, cut green. It is 3:37 PM we have no time.? Alex ordered. ?Yes sir.? Lieutenant Abbot accepted.

Lieutenant Abbot decided to do it himself. He picked up a tile, he put it right in the green cable ready to cut it. The tile was closing and?