take Germany as a example, japan

vivian

take Germany as a example, japan

As the war-time allies with Japan, Germany takes completely different attitude toward his atrocities committed during the World War Two. German leaders have for more once stated their apology to the war victims. Maybe they have political reasons behind these remarks. But at least their apologies sound sincere and several celebrations have been held in Germany to celebrate the liberation of concentration camps. As a close neighbor, we sincerely hope Japan will confess the war crimes it has committed. Only through this, can it be forgiven by its neighbors.

vivian

Re: take Germany as a example, japan

Japan should face squarely with the history. Their attempt to distort
history will not be accepted by countries had been invaded by Japan. They
should feel sorry for their past wrong doings, and take concrete actions
the mend ties with its neighbours

vivian

The history textbook denies Japan's war crimes and glorifies its invasion of China and other Asian countries before and during World War II.
And the move reflects the emergence of Japanese militarism and will damage Japan's image in Asia and around the world.

vivian

Even the Japanese Support the China Stance

"Face the history", said one of the Japanese audiences for the China Radio International, "Only by acknowledging what we did during the world war II can both countries of Japan and China keep good relations".
Such is the words from the ordinary Japanese. And that can prove all lies from the Japanese politicians.

vivian

Looking back into history, many Japanese leaders have made their commitments to the one-China policy, including former Japanese Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama, Ryutaro Hashimoto and Keizo Obuchi. Japan should take actions, instead of only paying lip service, to keep its promise of not supporting "Taiwan independence."
Revision of Japan's history textbooks is unjustifiable

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"vivian\")</div>
Looking back into history, many Japanese leaders have made their commitments to the one-China policy, including former Japanese Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama, Ryutaro Hashimoto and Keizo Obuchi. Japan should take actions, instead of only paying lip service, to keep its promise of not supporting \"Taiwan independence.\"
Revision of Japan's history textbooks is unjustifiable[/b]

I agree that Japan should teach accurate history regarding its role in WWII. But of what value is an apology?

StarLord

Vivian,
You may not know this but the US forced Japan to bomb Pearl Harbor. You see, Japan was Blockaded, no resources were allowed to enter the Japanese Islands. Japan of itself has no resources to speak of besides Rice. I'll bet that you were never taught that in history.

As far as 'lip service' to China, I would tell a 7' Gorilla absolutely anything it wanted to hear and keep my own council. While it may look twoface, it keep me from being wiped off the face of the earth, especially when that Gorilla lived just next door.

Our concern should rather be on that insane dictator in korea that is playing 'Lets Make A Deal' with Nuclear weapons. Compared to that, an apology is chump change.