Tarot Readings and other stuff..

Justinian

I don't know how many others on here are into this sort of thing, but this section of the forums was feeling a little unloved to me.. So, if we can keep this converasation purely informational and not into a hounding debate on right/wrong or fact/make-believe..

At this point in my life, I consider myself an Atheist. I've dabbled in many religions, but I was really taken by Wicca a while back. Not even really Wicca itself or any type of witchcraft, but mainly fortune telling. My life revolves so strongly around facts and logic, that I just had to see what this was all about. I was always interested in all things Occult, but I always kept it to reading stories. Never actually studying. Then one summer day I ventured to Salem, Mass. There I met a palm reader that blew my mind away. I had no idea how she knew the things she did. So off I went on my journey. Reading, studying, and figuring it out.

So at one point or another I've tried Tarot cards, black mirrors, crystal balls, palm reading, runes, tea leaves, pendulums.. Oh theres probably more that I'm forgetting too. So if anyone has questions as far as "tricks" of how they work or what goes on behind the scenes.. I can answer it. Mostly it's all numbers, statistics, and memorization. I've been told several times that I'm really good with tarot cards. But i gave that stuff up years ago. So hit me with the questions. I can answer it both from a skeptic standpoint, and a believer.

TnWatchdog

Interesting J...My sister has a business in New Mexico and does Tarot readings. She told me she realized she had a gift of predicting the future when she was a little girl. She told me our grandmother was also gifted, which I was unaware of. Now my sister prays all the time and markets her ability as giving Spiritual Tarot Readings. She is doing well as people seam to come back to her. When I was in high school all the neighborhood kids hung out at a Greek divorced women's home. She was sharp and looked and dressed like a gypsy. We were there only for conversation, of course...but she did Tarot Readings and I got them all the time from her. One time I went over there for a reading and she said she couldn't do them anymore as evil had come into her home. She wouldn't elaborate but I think she might of brought a demon in or something. She was very shaken and this was very weird for sure. I went to a reading one time in Minneapolis and everything she told me came true. I don't want to write a book here but she told me I use to live in New Mexico...How would she have known that? Later I took my EX to one and she told me there was plenty of fish in the sea and the EX didn't say much to me on the way home. We seperated shortly thereafter...must have been in the cards.

Justinian

Some people get a feeling for things. And learn to read people. There's a guy on tv named Derrin Brown. he shows how this works. But, with palm reading it's really a lot of memorization. Same with Tarot. You memorize that certain lines (or cards in tarot) mean certain things and then another when in a different position or with another line (or card). Now when people get specific like actual places, that's when shit got real.. sometimes things like that would come to me. I described a woman's home to her in detail at one point and I'd never met her before, nor been to her city let alone her home. I used to do this over the internet and people would constantly try to trick me. So that was one of the reasons I gave it up. But it was just so much stuff to memorize. I actually like runes the best, but I could never get any correct answers out of them. Just the concept was the neatest. I experienced things like what I'm almost positive was a Demon. And people ask me all the time how I can be an Atheist, but believe that I encountered some sort of Demon. To which I respond that believing in demons and ghosts does not necessarily mean i believe in a higher power. At that point in time I believe I was into Faerie magick. But that Demon really pee'd in my cheerios.

BlastTyrant

I have always had a interest in Tarot, i have a few friends who have readings Monthly and cant go without having one.

I my self have never had any fortune telling done "unless you count fortune cookies" i have always wanted to try it but not sure if i would like the outcome or what i was told. One day i will have it done for me.

Justinian

I always had a rule that I'd never give someone straight out bad news. And I never tried to be real specific. Regardless of belief in any form of "fortune telling", it was always like meditation. So what would happen a lot was that people would give false information on purpose. Then when I'd say, oh in such and such.. and they'd say OH you're wrong. Or even if I was right, they'd say I was wrong. And it really drained me to have people always trying to be negative so much. There was a time when I know I was really doing something magickal. But that time passed once I realized that it was easier to read people and not the cards.

BT.. I'd suggest you have your palm read. Tarot cards are good, but in my opinion, the first time, like mine, of having your palm read will blow your mind. If done by a good reader. Tarot is a lot of memorizing what each card means. And based on which layout they do and where in that layout the card falls, and which side up the card comes.. it all plays into what kind of reading you get. Ask yourself why most tarot readers won't let you ask the same question two times.. Cause its randomness of the cards #1. But theoretically, if you had the same reading by two seperate readers with two seperate cards, you should get the same reading for the same question. I never would do the same reading twice because I already knew the answer, so what was the point. But most won't because they don't understand how to explain like I just did as to why the cards are not the same and it will just piss customers off. I also never did love questions. #1 you can't make someone love you and thats what people were hoping to hear. #2, to find out if that person loves you, in my mind is basically me doing a reading for the person in question, NOT the one paying for it. So I refused on grounds that it was like reading the mind of someone that specifically asked to NOT have thiers read. Also, couples coming in asking about love is a bad idea. A lot of times the cards would come up that one of them wasn't being faithful. It put me in a bad spot that I didn't like to be in.

Now Palm reading.. Ahhh Palm reading. There's nothing mystical about it. Its based off of numbers and statistics. Survey says.. that most people who have such and such lines extending to such and such points when combined with such and such lines intersecting at a vertices on this particular mound and arriving at a point no less than such and such from this finger means that you have XXX tendencies. ..

Justinian

Back before the time of psychologists.. people went to see oracles. Same thing.. some sort of "mystical" soothsayer.