Team America: World Police.

Unintentional

Originally posted by Cornelia@Nov 16 2004, 03:38 AM
Pyro and Smuda are my favourite movie critics: if they like a movie, I'm definitely NOT going to see it! :lol: :lol:
Well in that case I won't say I liked, "Portagli i miei saluti - avanzi di galera". :p

Unintentional

Originally posted by PyRo99@Nov 18 2004, 03:54 PM
Hey, whats wrong with swering?? :p :lol:
The only thing I don't like about swearing in this movie, is that I liked it (the movie, I mean). When I like a movie, I would like to see it do well. I really feel this movie would have had a much wider appeal and bigger box office totals if they cut out the swearing.

A key ingredient to making a sucessful movie (or an even a more sucessful one) is to make it PG. Almost every single movie in the top 20 grossing movies of all time were PG rated.

If the swearing were removed, it would almost certainly have been a PG movie and more people would have seen it and it would have been more sucessful.

StarLord

The movie was made for adults thought wasn't it? Too bad they didn't have the two Canadian dudes singing the "Uncle" song in it.

PyRo99

LOL LOL.

Ahhh yes South Park, "SHUT YOU'RE BEEPING FACE UNCLE BEEP' LOL :lol: :lol:

PG movies suck usually...and yes it was intended for adults... ;)

ZeoEmeraude

I dunno Py. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love South Park and the funny little quirps that those "kids" get into....but paying ten bucks to see puppets on a string who talk and blow up stuff? I draw the line at bad cinemography, and this movie aint worth the punchlines. I mean with all the green screen effects these days, at least they coulda made the freakin puppet strings dissappear. in short, this is a low-rate, low budget flop that only has the appeal of teens who want laughs and adults who can't see past these said lines to see that great comedy can't be made with strings and plastic. The creators of this film need to stick with South Park....paper and ink are at least tasteful and less tacky......On a side note, even if I had kids (which I don't...) I would not allow them to see a crappy made movie. I can't believe this flick was even considered as makable and marketable....I say damn the weekend profits...if it sux, it sux.

JediStryker

Zeo, I have to respectfully say that you're coming in way out from left-field. First of all, the movie's production value was fantastic. It's a shame that sets of that quality aren't made for live-action movies anymore.

The movie itself was hilarious. The ridiculousness of the puppets only made it moreso, and gave it that touch of unreality they needed to make the outrageous comedy work. The parody was so perfect that I was in tears the entire time.

I highly suggest that you see this movie before continuing to criticize it for the reasons that you are.

DWOMT

On a side note, not all movies have to be made to suit kids. I get really tired of hearing that. Kids have kids movies, and adults should have their adult movies. If something is not made for kids, then the parents should take the responsibility and not take the kids to see it, but let the rest of the adults enjoy the flick.