Terrorist attack in London

PhantomLord

Terrorist attack in London

Its all over the news right now. At least 6 blasts on the London Subway and Buses.

Early reports have it at 2 dead and 90 injured.

They've also reported that they found several un-exoloded bombs including one possibly in a train station outside London.

I hope this is the end of it today. The biggest fear I have as a New York'er is some Jihadi coming onto a crowded bus or train and blowing it up.

Honestly since 9/11, I'm surrprised that hasnt happened yet.

DWOMT

Re: Terrorist attack in London

I find it odd how this attack occurs after London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics.

pauli

\"I find it odd how this attack occurs after London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics.\"

DWOMT, a mere coincidence I am sure. These sorts of attacks take a long time to plan before they execute them. 3/11 took about a year and a half to two years to plan. This attack took probably just as long. So, I doubt they had anything to do with one another. It becomes clearer when you realize that the Olympic bid could have gone either to France, New York or Singapore. Do you mean to tell me they would not have made the attack if France would have gotten the nod?

Somehow, I seriously doubt it.

thenumbersix

To quote an old Londoner who lived through the blitz and got caught up in the ?Canary Wharf explosion: \"I've been blown up by a better class of bastard than ?this!\"

Some classics here : livejournal.com

God I Love this Country...Tea anyone ?

Doc Brown

I don't think that the attacks necessarily had anything to do with the Olympics, but there has been speculation that they may have been timed to coincide with the G8 event...because security was more focused at Scotland and was detracted from London a little. The G8 has been known about for quite some time, and I read that the explosives were relatively simple and probably home-made, so whoever did this would have had ample time to make preparations.

virtualgirl

I agree with Doc Brown. It was timed with the G8 but I was at first thinking the Olympics also. My thoughts go out to all the familes. As far as Iran, I'm still out on that one. I think this could give an extra push. Bush could say he's doing it in the name of friendship for England. This could also be just the thing they needed to start the draft. Let's hope not! But even if they envaded Iran, it wouldn't matter. The terrorist are already everywhere....sleeper cells just waiting. These people have actually been in place for years in all of our countries. So, it wouldn't matter. It won't stop them. The only thing I think we can do is pull all of our soldiers out and put them on our own borders. All the countries need to worry about their own land and let "Allah" take care of it's own. I hope I don't sound bitter. I just don't see an end.

StarLord

I deeply regret the unnecessary deaths of those innocent people. Having a loved one ripped from life like this is devastating to their families
However,
Due to the fubar snafu regarding the 'pre-warning' This has all the indications of the typical redherring. How is it possible that a warning was given to that official prior to the blasts which caused him to stay put??

If you look past the horrific situation, this has all the ingredients of an attempt to stir up more hatred and energy towards a trumped up nonexisting foe...