The bible?

Secretman3811

Going to need you to expand on that question a bit more.
I want to know why is the bible written many times over and different word in it and never know the truth of it and hear some part of bible have star system like Orion I think that in the bible?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The Vatican and its predecessors did rewrite the Bible several times over, that's for sure.

I can't remember, exactly when, or what it was called, but at some point in the middle ages, the catholic church had some sort of gigantic council meeting during which they decided what was canonical and what was not. And they rewrote the whole Bible according to what they decided.

BlastTyrant

It has also been re-written depending on the religion, Catholics, Mormons, Lutherans, Christians etc all have different versions of the bible, although they are all basically the same, for example Mormons have the King James version.

As for the astrology part, constellations and astrology have always been a main stay of religion, the north star is what led the prophets to baby jesus after all.

Astrology was very very important to our ancestors, you can tell the time of year depending on the location of the stars and constellations. Orion is also one of the brightest ones in the southern hemisphere so it would be easy to see.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I'm not trying to be funny, but truthful: The Bible is called the Holy book, but they misspelled the word whole book.

It's missing so much religious history and many other pertinent pieces of information.

amen

Note: Very recently they found another missing book to the Bible, part of the New Testament. I read about it in the past five days on the Internet. If interested you probably can find it on Google.

Professor Opmmur

Bones McCoy

The Vatican and its predecessors did rewrite the Bible several times over, that's for sure.

I can't remember, exactly when, or what it was called, but at some point in the middle ages, the catholic church had some sort of gigantic council meeting during which they decided what was canonical and what was not. And they rewrote the whole Bible according to what they decided.

Doc 05

Zenith
This is a translation that cleared up a lot of questions I had about the Bible.
The Holy Bible In Modern English : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

And an interesting story about the translator: Ferrar Fenton.

Genisis reads a lot more interesting now, especially the obvious surgical technique Adam went through to get the genetic material to create Eve (Gen 2:21)
Start at Genisis 2:5 (man gets wiped out in Gen 2:6 - the first time)

Enjoy

Bones McCoy

The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Secretman3811

I see hmm ok thank