The Creation of Man

Zoomerz

Re: The Creation of Man

That depends of the reality of Adam & Eve being the first man and woman on the planet.
Consider this:

a) Genesis does not explain the existence and longevity of dinosaurs on this planet. Man's inhabitance and position as dominant species on earth in terms of time is miniscule by comparison. That doesn't seem to fit the OT's version of creation, or it's purpose.

B) There is a "gap" in evolutionary development between the primate and man. Nobody has successfully explained that leap in intelligence. Yet, man was created "in God's image". If God is a physical being (or species with a collective consciousness), and God's DNA were crossed with a primate, would it not possibly explain this evolution?

c) If Eve was created by using Adam's rib, would that not be further evidence of this crossing?

Think for a moment about all the evidence that has been put forward in support of UFO sightings. In fact, think about the common visual description that comes to mind when we think of an alien. Big head, large dark eyes, small chin, etc. You know the drill. The most common description given in a sighting report....

Now consider what we might look like IF the DNA of that alien were crossed with a primate?

d) Moses and the burning bush - If you were living in the time of Moses, how do you think you would perceive an alien ship? Might it look like a "burning bush"? When the stone tablets were created, what technology might have "burned in" the commandments and cut the tablets for him?

e) The OT in many places references "chariots of fire" in the sky during battles. hmmmm....

f) Thinking about miracles, lets look at the parting of the Red Sea....If "God the alien" were about, might not his/their ship have the ability to part it? In fact, thinking about almost ANY miracle ever mentioned in the old or new test., could similar intervention explain it?

Now to shatter the bubble. The above really does give some "physical grounding" and potentially explains where man came from. It even fits (much better than what's been offered) the explanations in the OT. What it does NOT explain is, if the above implications are true, then.....

WHO OR WHAT CREATED THEM!

hehehe

GL,
Z-

StarLord

Zoomerz, Yup, we have been tossing that theory around a bit. Too much of a 'leap' in the DNA to have been a natural or evolutionary process. HAD to have been ET in on the job directed by a higher power.

Zoomerz

Well, the one thing that bothers me most about christianity is their "assurances" that the bible is ENTIRELY ACCURATE. Or that it's infallably the truth, because it's "inspired by God".

There's so much room in it (as everything) for perspective and metaphor that who can say?

But if ET is our God, then how did ET come into existence? Here we go.........

Z-

StarLord

No, ET is NOT our God. They were meerly a messenger with new DNA to add to our species.

I quit getting hung up on why the bible says what it says. According to the Jewish faith, If I am not mistaken, We did not have a 'human state of consciousness' untill just 6500 years ago or so. It's fun to debate with my friends but I won't waste my breath in a diatribe over it. It is what It IS. Makes little difference if we find out that Hyperboria, Lemuria, Mu and Atlantis were real and those civilizations actually span back some 75,000 years or more....

BubbuClinton

Zooomerz said:
a) Genesis does not explain the existence and longevity of dinosaurs on this planet. Man's inhabitance and position as dominant species on earth in terms of time is miniscule by comparison. That doesn't seem to fit the OT's version of creation, or it's purpose.

Zoomerz, what do dinosaurs have to do with what God had to say to the Ancient Jews? It just wasn't a topic of discussion. The OT actually has 2 versions of the creation in it. Since the OT was a verbal tradition for hundreds of years, it makes sense that they would only include topics of interest to them at the time. The ancient Hebrew text of the book of Genesis does not actually start "In the beginning" like the King James translation states. It begins more like 'Before, there was Chaos, and god formed the world out of the Chaos." It doesn't really address anything before that point in time. The idea of the book was to point out a purpose for man's life not a detailed account of the creation process.

About ETs, I know you believe God is an ET. And in a way God and all his messenger would be extra terrestrial from this earth since they are sent here to interact from there, where ever there is.

I am not confident that the little greys are God. It may go a little deeper than that. It maybe that we all have a part that is eternal in us and our bodies were designed to help us learn something.

Anyway, the Bible is no more a geological record than the telephone book addresses quantum physics and time travel.

Also, there are many Christian?s to believe the bible to be inspired but not completely infallible. The bible went through many translations and were compiled as a body of work by the Roman Emperor Constantine. So, If you are Catholic it makes sense to believe it to literal because Constantine was the first Pope. However, if you are a protestant, you may take issue with Constantine?s work.

Bubbu

StarLord

If you can find a copy of the bible from the mid 1800's it's interesting to note that there are few 'books' that you dont see in it today.. Like the book of Ruth, the Book of Moses.

Now why do you suspose they took out the Book of Moses?.....

BubbuClinton

You will also find numerous quotations in the Bible refering to books like the Book of Enoch that were not included in the Bible. Jesus was fond of quoting from the book of Enoch.

Also, the book of revelation was written before 2/3 of the New Test. It was just placed at the end. Many Christian sects are fond of quoting revelations and how nothing should be added to it to explain why revelation has stopped. Of course, Zoomerz does not believe it stopped, it just moved to Rosewell. :)

Bubbu

Zoomerz

Bubbu;

Zoomerz, what do dinosaurs have to do with what God had to say to the Ancient Jews?
Just this, if God created the earth, nature, animals, and then man as a part of a grand purpose, and then inspired the bible which includes revelation, he spent an awefully long time in setting up the natural environment, only to have man (the object of his purpose) exist on his creation for such a relatively short time before the end....

The ancient Hebrew text of the book of Genesis does not actually start \"In the beginning\" like the King James translation states.
Most of the english translations (including the KJ, but not limited to it) do start "In the beginning". If this was an "inacurate" translation, then I submit that there must be "many inacurate translations" in them, and therefore are suspect manuals for the purposes the literalists use them for. They stand on their own interpretations (both NT and OT) as justification for their faith, which must be false, since most probably the literal translations they rely on are most likely at least somewhat skewed. Again, I am not a christian, let alone a part of a literalist faith. I am just making an observation.

The idea of the book was to point out a purpose for man's life not a detailed account of the creation process.
Actually, if that is the case, then why go to all the trouble to delineate every generation? To be vague and inaccurate about the beginning, but painfully detailed about the heritage? Maybe, but in my eyes, it's just inconsistency and folklore.

About ETs, I know you believe God is an ET. And in a way God and all his messenger would be extra terrestrial from this earth since they are sent here to interact from there, where ever there is.
I don't know if there IS a god at all. And if there is, then that's probably the entity that created the little grey men :) . I'm more inclined to think that man is a cross-dna "developed" species by some advanced being/s then a direct manifestation of God at all. However, I'd rather just say "I don't know".

I am not confident that the little greys are God. It may go a little deeper than that. It maybe that we all have a part that is eternal in us and our bodies were designed to help us learn something.
That would be my exact feeling too...

Also, there are many Christian?s to believe the bible to be inspired but not completely infallible. The bible went through many translations and were compiled as a body of work by the Roman Emperor Constantine. So, If you are Catholic it makes sense to believe it to literal because Constantine was the first Pope. However, if you are a protestant, you may take issue with Constantine?s work.
Yes, I know there are those Christians that don't interpret the bible literally. However, the truth is, there are many differences in Christianity, and not all of them can be true. Until I find the one that is, I'll remain agnostic. As for Catholics, I was baptized one, and after learning about Constantine, I stopped believing that the bible as it is translated today is the inspired word of anything.

Just recently I've become more aware of Gnosticism and the early Christians. Things start to make a bit more sense that way, but I'm still not knowledgeable enough to say. Personally, I just think Christianity in general has it wrong, and a lot of people throughout AD history have died because of it.

Also, the book of revelation was written before 2/3 of the New Test. It was just placed at the end. Many Christian sects are fond of quoting revelations and how nothing should be added to it to explain why revelation has stopped. Of course, Zoomerz does not believe it stopped, it just moved to Rosewell.
Actually, from what I know of revelations, and have read, I believe revelations has "finished", not stopped. Most of revelations events were supposed to (and did in my opinion) take place in the first century AD "In the lifetime of the Apostles".

So where's "Roswell"?? hehehe

Z-