the EDR in your car

kcwildman

Beastmaster
what the heck is an EDR well it's a little black box the car company's have been putting in car's for two decades!!!!!!!! yeh 20 years, and now they are gonna make it manditory.:mad: check this shit out
Automotive Black Boxes: Fact Versus Fiction - MSN Autos

Similar devices have silently ridden shotgun in many 4-wheeled vehicles for about two decades and serve a similar purpose; i.e., they record what was happening to the vehicle during a particular event

Loopi

The Bearded One
From what I understand it's much like a black box in an air plane. The data collected is a number amount of things, such as, speed, oil pressure, and if the seatbelts were fastened at the time of an accident. The thing that concerns me is the OBD3 thats being installed in cars, it started around i wanna say 07 or 09... but basically, it's the port on older cars to read the computers (OBD2)... Well in OBD3 it has bluetooth, to read it wirelessly... The problem with that is it allows Police , to remotely shut your car down, if lets say you were in a high speed chase or trying to flee.:eek:

kcwildman

Beastmaster
the arrest and detain option for law enforcement has been in all cars,trucks since 1995 it will kill the engine and lock all the doors so the cops can come and pick you up ..... yeh thats why I will only buy cars from the 80's or older no computors in the old one's

BlastTyrant

my 74 Mark 5 is safe yay lol, possibly my 95 explorer but my luck that would be the only thing that would work properly on it -_-;

kcwildman

Beastmaster
my 74 Mark 5 is safe yay lol, possibly my 95 explorer but my luck that would be the only thing that would work properly on it -_-;

LOL yeh the extent of the computor systen in the 70's was they took the points out and put in a modulator pick up on the distrabutor you got no worries there ...it was when the companys started with the elictronic fule injection that the computors showed up..

BlastTyrant

LOL yeh the extent of the computor systen in the 70's was they took the points out and put in a modulator pick up on the distrabutor you got no worries there ...it was when the companys started with the elictronic fule injection that the computors showed up..
At some point and time something has to give, were controlled/taxed/watched more than we ever have been, when will it reach the boiling point? I'm still expecting Armed guards on my little brothers school bus and every where you go you have to check in, wanna get gas well scan your ID first, groceries? not with out scanning ID so they can track you wherever you go.