The Five Spiciest, Hottest Foods in the Country

StarLord

The Five Spiciest, Hottest Foods in the Country

You think you like it hot? As spicy foods go mainstream, Americans' tolerance of Scoville heat units has risen. Still, we don't advise trying these foods unless you have an abnormally maniacal pain threshold:

1. Dave's Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce: The self-proclaimed hottest sauce in the universe is hotter than Dave's original Insanity Sauce, which was the only food product ever to be banned from the National Fiery Foods Show. "Be afraid," says Dave's website.
Emily Koh/Serious Eats​2. Phaal (Brick Lane Curry House, New York City): This most extreme Indian curry is made into a challenge at this Manhattan eatery, where you must offer a "verbal disclaimer not holding us liable for any physical or emotional damage." "P'haal of Fame" winners get a bottle of beer on the house and their picture on the website.
Lillie Belle​3. Gangsta Casserole Murder Style (Spices, Oakland, Calif.): An atomic Sichuan hot pot served with, among other things, pork blood, skin, and stomach. Restaurant critic Jonathan Kauffman was brave enough to try it, recounting how "sweat popped out from parts of my face that never perspire."
4. Dynamite Spicy Challenge (Jitlada, Los Angeles): A choice of spicy mint or curry sauce over frog, chicken, or lobster tail, reports The Atlantic. Restaurant critic Jonathan Gold calls this Thai spot "the spiciest food you can get in LA at the moment."
5. Do Not Eat This Chocolate bar (Lillie Belle, Jacksonville, Ore.): This dark chocolate bar blends chile arbol, aji amarillo, and ghost chiles. The latter is the Guinness Book of World Records' hottest pepper on Earth. Heed the label's warning: "A full metal death chili and chocolate bitch slap."

Can You Handle It? The Five Spiciest, Hottest Foods in the Country - San Francisco Restaurants and Dining - SFoodie

I've had Dave's insanity sauce. It's made from seeds. I'm pretty sure when I say Not A Chance for the Ultimate Insanity Sauce, I don't think I even want to try it. You would be very surprised how hot a tiny drop of the old Insanity sauce could be on a large Tortilla Chip.

Whitelight

Re: The Five Spiciest, Hottest Foods in the Country

I like spicy stuff, but I mildly spicy. I can't handle my spicy salmon rolls sometimes!

All of this stuff sounds like it would make me cry, haha. My ex's family had that Dave's Insanity sauce, they were putting drops on their tongues with a toothpick. My ex stupidly inserts the whole toothpick into his mouth cleaning it off as he pulls it out. I'll never forget the shade of purple his face turned, the bloodshot eyes, or the massive sweat that seemed to appear from no where.

Lord Roco

Whats food without spice. I love spicy foods and tahts the best taste of common food ever, LOL!

MadMikeyB

I have some chilli sauce which I put on my chips (in the US you call them fries), I gotta say at first it was so hot it burnt my tongue but now I'm getting used to it, but it's still pretty hot, I'd say anything which contains chilli in it is auto hot :D