The Flying Diamondbacks

Did ancient MezoAmericans experience visitation from modern era time travelers?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What flying snakes?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TimeTravel_00

K'inich Janaab' Pakal[pronunciation?] (March 603 – August 683)[1] was ruler of the Maya polity of Palenque in the Late Classic period of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology. During a long reign of some 68 years Pakal was responsible for the construction or extension of some of Palenque's most notable surviving inscriptions and monumental architecture.
The large carved stone sarcophagus lid in the Temple of Inscriptions is a unique piece of Classic Maya art. Iconographically, it is closely related to the large wall panels of the temples of the Cross and the Foliated Cross centered on world trees. Around the edges of the lid is a band with cosmological signs, including those for sun, moon, and star, as well as the heads of six named noblemen of varying rank.[7] The central image is that of a cruciform world tree. Beneath Pakal is one of the heads of a celestial two-headed serpent viewed frontally. Both the king and the serpent head on which he seems to rest are framed by the open jaws of a funerary serpent, a common iconographic device for signalling entrance into, or residence in, the realm(s) of the dead. The king himself wears the attributes of the Tonsured maize god - in particular a turtle ornament on the breast - and is shown in a peculiar posture that may denote rebirth.[8] Interpretation of the lid has raised controversy. Linda Schele saw Pakal falling down the Milky Way into the southern horizon,[9] a view that has not found general acceptance among scholars, and that even, by making Pakal into another 'space man', shows some resemblance to the ancient astronaut theories of Von Däniken (see next section).
Erich von Däniken's "Maya Astronaut"
Pakal’s tomb has been the focus of attention of some "ancient astronaut" enthusiasts since its appearance in Erich von Däniken's 1968 best seller, Chariots of the Gods?. Von Däniken reproduced a drawing of the sarcophagus lid, incorrectly labeling it as being from "Copan" and comparing Pacal's pose[10] to that of Project Mercury astronauts in the 1960s, interpreting drawings underneath him as rockets, and offering it as evidence of a supposed extraterrestrial influence on the ancient Maya.
In the center of that frame is a man sitting, bending forward. He has a mask on his nose, he uses his two hands to manipulate some controls, and the heel of his left foot is on a kind of pedal with different adjustments. The rear portion is separated from him; he is sitting on a complicated chair, and outside of this whole frame, you see a little flame like an exhaust.[citation needed]​
Quetzalcoatl /ˌkɛtsɑːlˈkɑːtəl/ (Classical Nahuatl: Quetzalcohuātl [ketsaɬˈko.aːtɬ]) is a Mesoamerican deity whose name comes from the Nahuatl language and has the meaning of "feathered serpent".[1] The worship of a feathered serpent deity is first documented in Teotihuacan in the first century BC or first century AD.[2] That period lies within the Late Preclassic to Early Classic period (400 BC–600 AD) of Mesoamerican chronology, and veneration of the figure appears to have spread throughout Mesoamerica by the Late Classic (600–900 AD).[3]
In the Postclassic period (900 – 1519 AD), the worship of the feathered serpent deity was based in the primary Mexican religious center of Cholula. It is in this period that the deity is known to have been named "Quetzalcoatl" by his Nahua followers. In the Maya area he was approximately equivalent to Kukulcan and Gukumatz, names that also roughly translate as "feathered serpent" in different Mayan languages.
In the era following the 16th-century Spanish Conquest, a number of sources were written that conflate Quetzalcoatl with Ce Acatl Topiltzin, a ruler of the mythico-historic city of Tollan. It is a matter of much debate among historians to which degree, or whether at all, these narratives about this legendary Toltec ruler describe historical events.[4] Furthermore, early Spanish sources written by clerics tend to identify the god-ruler Quetzalcoatl of these narratives with either Hernán Cortés or St. Thomas—an identification which is also a source of diversity of opinions about the nature of Quetzalcoatl.[5]
Among the Aztecs, whose beliefs are the best-documented in the historical sources, Quetzalcoatl was related to gods of the wind, of Venus, of the dawn, of merchants and of arts, crafts and knowledge. He was also the patron god of the Aztec priesthood, of learning and knowledge.[6] Quetzalcoatl was one of several important gods in the Aztec pantheon, along with the gods Tlaloc, Tezcatlipoca and Huitzilopochtli.

Kukulkan (/kuːkuːlˈkän/) ("Plumed Serpent", "Feathered Serpent") is the name of a Maya snake deity that also serves to designate historical persons. The depiction of the feathered serpent deity is present in other cultures of Mesoamerica. Kukulkan is closely related to the god Q'uq'umatz of the K'iche' Maya and to Quetzalcoatl of the Aztecs.[1] Little is known of the mythology of this pre-Columbian deity.[2]
Although heavily Mexicanised, Kukulkan has his origins among the Maya of the Classic Period, when he was known as Waxaklahun Ubah Kan (/waʃaklaˈχuːn uːˈɓaχ kän/), the War Serpent, and he has been identified as the Postclassic version of the Vision Serpent of Classic Maya art.[3]
The cult of Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl was the first Mesoamerican religion to transcend the old Classic Period linguistic and ethnic divisions.[4] This cult facilitated communication and peaceful trade among peoples of many different social and ethnic backgrounds.[4] Although the cult was originally centred on the ancient city of Chichén Itzá in the modern Mexican state of Yucatán, it spread as far as the Guatemalan highlands.[5]
In Yucatán, references to the deity Kukulkan are confused by references to a named individual who bore the name of the god. Because of this, the distinction between the two has become blurred.[6] This individual appears to have been a ruler or priest at Chichen Itza, who first appeared around the 10th century.[7] Although Kukulkan was mentioned as a historical person by Maya writers of the 16th century, the earlier 9th century texts at Chichen Itza never identified him as human and artistic representations depicted him as a Vision Serpent entwined around the figures of nobles.[8] At Chichen Itza, Kukulkan is also depicted presiding over sacrifice scenes.[9]
Sizeable temples to Kukulkan are found at archaeological sites throughout the north of the Yucatán Peninsula, such as Chichen Itza, Uxmal and Mayapan.[7]
2d512e1583fd.png
1883.jpg
fa18f_vfa102nf100.jpg989e04940b58.jpg3392318581_cece362d29.jpgcolombian-ancient-airplane.jpgvfa102strike1st.JPG466 FS DB TM001.jpgvfa102_diamondbacks_c_insig.jpg

TimeTravel_00

The ancient artwork symbols are identical to the artwork and symbols used by VFA-102, adding only more mystery to John Titor's story. Punta Gorda, FL hosts an annual military air show with many extravagant flying machines, including a very special F-22 Raptor that I am very fond of..... now only if we can load the C204 unit into the bomb bay of the aircraft, I'll be able to land it on my favorite runway in Nazca, Peru, over a thousand years ago. Kind of obvious why the locals setup all those symbols on the ground that are only visible from aircraft. I'm going to need a visual point of reference for navigation.
palpa_runway.jpga12.jpgthumb_98a63b15f6.jpg

Tron1

this is very true i mean what are the diamondbacks for in baseball they must have a reason for this team name. right? i mean i'm helping a c204 flying diamondback who is lost in his plane right now in oklahoma city. they are every where they know the truth!!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
this is very true i mean what are the diamondbacks for in baseball they must have a reason for this team name. right? i mean i'm helping a c204 flying diamondback who is lost in his plane right now in oklahoma city. they are every where they know the truth!!!

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of my Arizona/Texas theory of being an entry/exit point sometimes.

Leslie

Anyone find it interesting that a Diamondback Snake is on the Gadsden Flag? (Nice avatar TimeTravel_OO.)

The Gadsden Flag is a "symbol of American patriotism, a symbol of disagreement with government, or a symbol of support for civil liberties." (Wikipedia)

Didn't John talk about our civil liberties being eroded?

During John's civil war, It would make sense to me that John would be a member of the Diamondbacks as represented in the flag.

My guess is that the Flying Diamondbacks will be a division of the Air Force at a time to come if John remains correct.

It is also the flag of the Tea party.

TimeTravel_00

I lost my civil liberties last year as a response to asking local law enforcement for help in finding my missing child. It changed my view of the constitution. Punta Gorda, FL hosts an annual military air show. A great place to get a glimpse of such naval fighters, pictured above. The U.S. NAVY is a fine organization, with no parallel elsewhere............. The Flying Diamondbacks currently are a naval air division, VFA-102.