The Great Wormhole Fraud

Chronodynamic Jim

The Great Wormhole Fraud

Have you heard the one about taking one end of a wormhole and going on a roundtrip close to the speed of light for 10 years? Then when you return, about 1000 years has passed where you left the other end of the wormhole. The idea is then you step through the wormhole that you brought with you and you are supposed to exit the other end 1000 years in the past.

That's complete bollocks!

StarLord

Re: The Great Wormhole Fraud

You will never know untill you actually try it.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
Have you heard the one about taking one end of a wormhole and going on a roundtrip close to the speed of light for 10 years? Then when you return, about 1000 years has passed where you left the other end of the wormhole. The idea is then you step through the wormhole that you brought with you and you are supposed to exit the other end 1000 years in the past.

That's complete bollocks![/b]

It certainly is. If you went close to the speed of light for 100 years you would be 134 years old (dead, that is) Jim. But your ship would advance through time far more than 1000 years and you don't need any wormhole for that.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>

That's complete bollocks![/b]

My apologies to the Mods here for jumping in.

Jim: That's a useful post... how? What purpose does it serve? How does it add to the whole here, what contribution does it make?

I see it as a waste of space and board resources and would ask that you avoid generating such fruitless threads in future.

Kira/Lastdyingtree, can you give it 24 hours and then consign this to the trash please.

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
Jim: That's a useful post... how? What purpose does it serve? How does it add to the whole here, what contribution does it make?[/b]

I intended to elaborate after guageing the responses.

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Alpha and 0mega\")</div>
uhh...its already 96 hours.[/b]

Hey, don't badger them! They might shut it down. Of Course, considering the course of this thread I may just shut it down my self!