The house on Cicada Road

Thalassa

I lived in this house from when I was about nine to when I was about thirteen. I never saw anything, but the house had a horrible atmosphere, my mother said about it that "you could live there, but you always felt like you were a guest".

On Wednesdays back in 1991\1992, the school used to break early in the afternoons for teacher training, and so I would be at home alone for a couple of hours. I hated going inside because of the oppressive atmosphere. I even used to sit on the wall outside, and the neighbour would ask me if I wanted to go in; that's how scared I was. If I did gather up my courage to go in I would run straight into the kitchen, and turn the radio on. I was too scared to look at the top of the stairs because I was convinced I would see an elderly lady up at the top in a long blue skirt. If I had to go upstairs for any reason, I had to really work up my courage to do it.

My room was probably the worst place. Sometimes you would walk into it and feel as if you had just walked in on an argument or someone who really didn't want you there as everything would be really still, other times you could be in there and all of a sudden the atmosphere would change and you would feel like someone had just come in and caught you trespassing. It got to the point when sometimes I even had to ask my mother to come in with me as I was scared. To give her credit she never brushed me off when I asked her, and she said that I was sensitive to these things - which is an odd thing for her to say.

As I have said, I never actually saw anything there, but two incidents do stand out in my mind. The first was when the atmosphere in the room changed when I was sitting at my desk, and something pushed me off my chair, and I cut my knee on the floor. The second was when I was settling down to sleep, and I heard a voice say "It will be alright soon", I rolled over to see my friend Claire standing next to me and vanish instantly. The image was so vivid I could even see what she was wearing. I told Claire about it the next day, and she claimed (I have no idea how true this is), that she heard me whispering to her.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Oh my.. :eek:
Your mother could be right, I believe some of us are more sensitive to these things...After all, "Mother knows best"!