The Importance of Friendships

PyRo99

The Importance of Friendships

Everyone has friends, or so I hope. Whether they are real or imaginary. However, what is a real friend? I've learned recently that people have a difficulty in understanding what a friend means. And being a friend does not mean, that you hang out with people, or share same interests. No, being a friend goes far and large beyond that. So, join me on this journey of discovering what a true friend is.

A true friend, will accept who you are despite your differences. Sure you may fight, but it takes a bigger person to acknowledge the fact what you have done, and say sorry sincerly for it. Over trying to drag the whole situation out, and get alliances and complete yelling screaming and brute force. If you've done that, embrace the fact that you have hopefully grown from those experiences and have learned to fight calmly, and maturely. You may be a practioner of an Organized Religion, while your friend does Zen. Your personalities attract, not nescessairly your religion, or your political views. Fair enough, you may first meet because of your political or religious views. But you move outward, because of your personalities.

Lying and Deceving are also a big ass tall tale sign that you are in a a false friendship. Par example, I had given information to someone, in return he would do something for me. The next day, he left myself a message on AIM, and blocked me. This was two weeks ago, and I put myself in the psyche that I could tolerate his presance, and I would not show my true feelings. I let go of that psyche, and I talked to him. I did it in one manner though, camly. Haven't talked to him since, partially because I had no desire to move today. What can you do? I don't trust him, and he is not a true friend. This has been a recourring thing between me and him, I forgive and forget easily. Wounds heal fast, and I forget very fast.

Backstabbing, this could be its own sport. I am very familiar with the game, and people used to fear me. Though they thought I was being genuine, and really I was sucking information out of them. I'd fork it over to my "True" friends, and then they would go off on that person. And I would stand by like an innocent bystander. I always felt horrible, and I always built a bridge for that person to come back. This was a few years back. I have not succumbed to this level, however the people that I used it on have. They viewed it as effective against their enemies. When you get caught though, god bless your soul, because there ain't nobody gunna come to your rescue. I was ruthless, I was a master at the art. And backstabbing is a combination of both lying and deception. Another characteristic of a friend that is non-existant. And I have many wounds from backstabbing, all mended and healed. Many memories that will not be forgotten though.

Another common characteristic that has been lacking recently is the one of sincerity. Seems to be that nobody can be sincere. If I apologize, you know that I am apologizing. I've heard the utmost crapfilled apologizes recently. People apologize, but when you ask them for what. They have absolutely no idea what for. Why are you apologizing if you don't know what for? Are you too dense to comprehend the altercation that you got yourself into? Sincerity is another trait that is found in a friend.

I've been writing a lot of checks recently, from my checkbook of Reality. Many people are witnessing a big upheaveal in how I run my shop. If I hear talking behind someones back, I walk away and tell them one thing. "If it was them talking about you, would you feel good? True friendships reside in communication. Talking about them through me, will only push them over the line. You are pushing me to my line, and tolerance. I dare you to push me over."

So, the list of NON-Friendship traits is as follows:

• Having absolutely no Sincerity.
  • Backstabbing
  • Lying
  • Deceiving
  • Intolerable of who you are
I urge you all, that read this message. Reflect upon past friendships, you'll see a common trait that is why they were broken. But I have left the biggest one out. And that is the breaching of trust. But that is an absolute given. Some have a big heart and can forgive and forget quickly and easily, like myself. Some brusie quickly, and will hold a grudge. They aren't friends either. Guess what that means, those who you call "best friends" are really your true friends. Am I saying that your Common Friendship isn't a friendship? I don't know the circumstances, could they be just a friend ofcourse. But if a Best-Friend breaches your trust, doesn't it hurt worse? Because you say "You were my best-friend". Had you saved yourself from labeling them that, you wouldn't be hurt nearly as much.

We are a community on this board. Each one of you reserves a special place in my heart, despite the fact that I don't know you, I still care about you all. Fact of the matter is, every path I cross, I care for. We care for one another, we get into heated disagreements. Doesn't mean we don't care for one another. We may belittle one another based on age. Fair enough, but the belittlement is not a showing of what is residing in your heart. You may ride like a Tsnumai, and I may ride like a small little wave. We each posses the same amount of love for each one of these people on this forum, and the paths that we cross.

You may come in and cast waves all along the shore, from the Tsnumai. Or you may make a relatively small showing of your knowledge, but nevertheless the impact is the same. The friendships are true here. I would hate to hear of someone making a breachment of one. People are geuine and true here. We each posses knowledge of certain subjects, we each push our knowledge on open forum. We all learn from the person that makes the first post. We question, and we move on. We range from Political Issues, to Religious Issues. Science falls right in there as well, which is why we are all here. Time Travel.

We have created something that is far better though than a discussion about time travel. We have created friendships that are going to be burden to break. If and when we do break, and split. We will all be poessing knowledge in vast areas.

And heres some food for thought. Most of us are in different countries. Think if Grayson led the UK. Someone in the European Countries lead the EU, and we had people leading their countries all over the world from here? Like minded people, and we would all promote one thing.

Peace.

Pyro.

P.S. If I catch wind of people breaking friendships here, and doing things that I have done. I can still play the game, and I would not like to rejuvenate that side of me. I play on one side now, and that is peace. Should you choose to create a disturbance on this side, I will first deal with you peacefully. I will then deal with you diplomaticaly. And I will finally then deal with you with tactics of lying, deceiving, and backstabbing. I wouldn't want to awaken a beast that has been nestled soundly asleep.:kiss:

JonGordon

Re: The Importance of Friendships

Very true...altough many people have much less consideration when they treat their friends in the manner in which you just described.

K@t 5

Pyro, you're a rare one. Not many people either see that there is something wrong with the way that they treat people or will admit that they've done wrong.

My hubby and I have been talking about this lately, how people have forgotten how to be good friends. For the most part, people are out for themselves and have become much less tolerant of difference in the recent past. We?re all so quick to judge another for their choices, whether or not they have anything to do with us. There?s very little self-awareness. We as a whole tend to make one too many assumptions. We read too far into things that are said or written. We forget that in the giant scheme of things individuals are not that important. What we do with the light that we are given is.

Thank you for being gutsy enough to bare your center to us.

sosuemetoo

Pyro,
I want to thank you for this post today. You're a special person in my heart as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PyRo99\")</div>
We are a community on this board. Each one of you reserves a special place in my heart, despite the fact that I don't know you, I still care about you all. Fact of the matter is, every path I cross, I care for. We care for one another, we get into heated disagreements. Doesn't mean we don't care for one another. We may belittle one another based on age. Fair enough, but the belittlement is not a showing of what is residing in your heart. You may ride like a Tsnumai, and I may ride like a small little wave. We each posses the same amount of love for each one of these people on this forum, and the paths that we cross. [/b]

These statements are so true. Some members have known one another for over a year now, some were here the moment we opened in June, others came along later, some have just joined us. This is the ONLY board I have found (and I'm on quite a few) that the members genuinly care about one another, build friendships from, help one another and generally help one another. When we welcome a member here and tell them to kick back in their easy chair, relax and enjoy their stay. We want them to feel that they have found a home away from home and feel free to state their opinions.

You may come in and cast waves all along the shore, from the Tsnumai. Or you may make a relatively small showing of your knowledge, but nevertheless the impact is the same. The friendships are true here. I would hate to hear of someone making a breachment of one. People are geuine and true here. We each posses knowledge of certain subjects, we each push our knowledge on open forum. We all learn from the person that makes the first post. We question, and we move on. We range from Political Issues, to Religious Issues. Science falls right in there as well, which is why we are all here. Time Travel.

Lying, backstabbing, double crossing, sneakiness, harrassing, and being hurtful simply has no place on this board. It seeks to disrupt everything we've strove for since it's opening and demeans the real purpose of this board....I safehaven for time travellers and members alike. It ends friendships, and causes loss of trust for the people you called friends.

We may disagree on a variety of issues. We debate, share information, but in the end we agree to disagree. We all learn from this.

And heres some food for thought. Most of us are in different countries. Think if Grayson led the UK. Someone in the European Countries lead the EU, and we had people leading their countries all over the world from here? Like minded people, and we would all promote one thing.
?
Peace.

As long as your leaders (the Admin and Mods) work together with one common goal in mind (the pursuit of a safehaven for timetravellers and the members) then we will have peace. Likewise, as long as our members remember this pursuit as well, there we will also have peace.

CaryP

Excellent post Pyro. Your take of "friendship" meshes well with mine. Go 'head big boy.

Cary

ZeoEmeraude

Py,

You are in a class all your own my friend. True friends are not easy to come by, so it is important that we cherish and respect the ones that we have. I feel the same way you do about people here on this site. We are a community, and more importantly we are a very large extended family as well. I not only consider you guys and gals here to be my friends, but a part of my family that I can count on for support and guidance when I need it. May the Lords of Corbal always bless this site with such warm hearts, kind friends, and great conversation.[/color]<span style='color:navy'> \"May you all find shade and sweet water in the burning desert of life.\" (Robert Jordan)

Your Friend and TTF Super Sayian: Zeo</span>

PyRo99

Thank you Zeoe!

I believe everyone on this board brings a different individualized life style. I can honestly say I don't think two of us here have brought the same thing to this board.

And the thing is, we tolerate each and every single one of our beliefs. We may not agree, hell most of us will debate them to the death or closure of the topic. But when the sun shines down, we are all individuals, being who we truly are. And thats what makes this forum special.

We allow each other to be.

Bump:kiss: