The IRS

CaryP

The IRS

I'm not recommending that anyone here not pay taxes. They will still come and get you eventually if you don't, but there is a growing number of attorneys, CPA's and even former IRS agents who claim that the income tax system is not legal. I'm no tax scholar, but one of the former IRS CID (criminal investigation dept.) agents, Joe Bannister hasn't filed taxes since 1999. His former coworkers have had to arrest him and he's facing a court hearing. This guy "knows" what he's doing and he's having to fight the federal govt. Not something I'd recommend. I'm not trying to get on the DHS Blue list, but tax protestors are supposed to be there.

Here's a free DVD you can watch on line that explains the whole arguement that the income tax system here is being applied incorrectly, and that domestic income is not subject to taxation according to the tax code as it is today. Illuminating. Yes, there's some "tax code" in the presentation, but I'd recommend watching all of it. It gets better as it goes on. The Preface and Introduction are also good to watch. Yes, it will take time, but well worth it. Send a link to your tax professional and ask them what they think. Probably won't get more than, "You don't want to fight the govt." But you never know. Most tax professionals don't know anything about Sec. 861. Paul, as the resident lawyer to the place, any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

Cary

The 861 Evidence

StarLord

The IRS

There is prescedence. Something like Floor Vs US 1878 or 1879 or 1887 1889?

So, the 16th amendment was never legaly ratified is that their case?

I am all for no federal taxes.

Unintentional

The IRS

I haven't watched this video yet, but they have serveral reasons not to pay income taxes (actually not filing income taxes, but still pay them).

Because you are protected from self incrimination by the 5th admendment, if you pay taxes but never file, there is not a durn thing they can do you...so I've heard. If they don't think you've paid enough, where can they get the information to incriminate you? YOU! They can NOT compel you to incriminate yourself, so they can not compel you to file an income tax form. So don't file, but still pay and never worry. You first!

Also there are admendments abolishing slavery. What is slavery? Working for the benefit of another with no compensation for you. That portion of our time that we work to pay taxes is slavery.

Both of those arguments are good arguments against the 16th admendment, but the 16th admendment itself was never even ratified.

StarLord

The IRS

Upon hearing about this many years ago, my father wondered how many people were in jail for tax evasion. The theory went something like this:

You tell your employer that you will be doing all your taxes privately from now on "Private Contractor" so they stop deducting Federal Income Tax.

You stop filing for Federal on April 15th. You might make it to 2 or 3 years before they catch up with you. Letters start arriving form the IRS. (The way I heard it is that it is illegal for the Govt. to BILL you for your past taxes, so the printing on the statements are termed "ESTIMATE". You ignore them, they mail from a "District" IRS branch, you ignore that and finally you get mail from a "local" IRS Branch. You ignore that. It goes back up the chain, you get a letter from each office that you ignore. Eventually, The cycle starts all over but they want to "see" you and try and make appointments for an interview.

Each time you tell them that it's not convenient for you and they need to reschedule. That also tell you to bring ALL your pertinent documents for the meeting. Basically that is their way of getting you to incriminate yourself.

All this time you have NEVER sent them anything that you have written on, supposedly once you do that you have "entered the system"

If you ever do go to the interview, you refuse to hand over any and all documentation, telling them that it's for you to refer to as they have their own records.

It gets fuzzy after this point, ( it was over 15 years ago when I first heard about it)
Perhaps because there is a lighting problem in jail, who knows.

There is a great web site for info: www.freedomsite.net that list quite a few court cases. Also check out OTTO SKINNER he has some amazing information on his web site.

dancho

The IRS

I have some experience in tax preparation and accounting (if you have your own business, you will learn about these things sooner or later). The tax resistors may have a point, but one could argue about the tax code until doomsday and that infernal mess would just continue to grow and grow and become more complex and horrible.

If you ever want to take an excellent class in taxation-- H&R Block offers courses in the spring and summer. They are excellent courses, far better than I expected. Be prepared to work hard, though. The H.R. Block classes are intense. I'd recommend the H&R Block classes over any college course-- for real, usable information.

(No, I don't work for H&R Block). :p