The John Titor Paradox

Cornelia

The John Titor Paradox

John Doe was born on 1998.
His early years were happy, as usually happen to children surrounded by a loving family even when living in hard times. When he was only 7, his country went into a war. Not a common war: a civil one. Things began to slide slowly toward the worst. But he was protected by his parents, and didn't hear much about all the fightings on the road or the people suddenly disappeared... someone called them "desaparecidos", but John Doe didn't understand why.
But one day, his father packed stuff and family and fled from the city. Something happened to neighboors, and daddy didn't want to see his loved ones behind the bars or himself shooting a soldier.
So, they went to live in a small village in the farmland.
John Doe was a bit older now, and his heroes were those constitutionalists fighting for the freedom of the country. Oh, he was never tired to hear their stories around the fireplace at night! The John Titor Brigade was the best: they always won, when engaged in battles. John Doe had a t-shirt with "John Titor was right" on, written in capitals: many people had one of those, children were crazy to get one.
Because everybody knew who John Titor was, of course: he was the constitutionalists hero, he was their "prophet", even if they didn't like to call him that way. Every house had that "John Titor advice book", where someone reported all the tips and advices Titor left for those who were going to fight the civil war on the right side. It was something very very useful... they thought that without it, the war would be lost in weeks.
John Doe joined the John Titor Brigades, and fought to the bitter end of the war. The country took a bit to recover, and he made his career in the new army.
Then, he was offered something you can't refuse: travelling through time. John Doe was happy to serve his country. The mission they gave to him was the most important secret of all times: go to the past, go to year 2000, and post to some boards and chats as "John Titor". John Doe couldn't believe his ears. He had to play the role of a man he considered an hero! But his superior addressed better the point: he was not playing any role... he was going TO BE John Titor.

StarLord

The John Titor Paradox

Bene, Bene, Multo Bene!!

Very Good Cornelia!!

Snow

The John Titor Paradox

That actually gave me goose bumps Corny!

@);- @);- @);-
@);- @);- @);-
@);- @);- @);-
@);- @);- @);-

Lonewolf

The John Titor Paradox

I was discussing with a group of friends time travel entertainment, and how so often movies and books either leave the entire technical process out, or spin a paradox web to make a good story. I think that a book could be written without either of these. What do you guys think?

BTW- Cornelia, not bad writing all together, and do you know where one could get a t-shirt like that? ;)

Omega

Re: The John Titor Paradox

There is no real John Titor, time travel will happen some day, not the way you think it will be, but, it will become available to certain people and groups. Your right in keeping the idea alive.

Cornelia

Re: The John Titor Paradox

LOL
I think you didn't grasp the whole paradox. Sorry for my bad english.
How is it possible that John Titor went back to year 2000 to warn us about WWIII, but nobody knew about JT during "his" WWIII?
Or else: when/if WWIII and US civil war will happen, everybody will suddenly know about JT. So we must suppose that JT, when asked to go back in time, already knew he was going to play as "the famous" John Titor.
Given the paradox, there will likely be some "John Titor Brigades".
(I have a strange feeling this paradox can debunk the whole story all by itself...)

PS Nice to be back here. I'm very busy with Peak Oil end-of-world scenario these days!!!