The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zeirbah

I've been playing a game on my Nintendo 3DS called The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Although the original game was released for Nintendo 64 on April 27, 2000 this version was released on Nintendo 3DS on February 13, 2015. You get to play as Link and you have three days (not literal days) to save Hyrule from a moon that's about to crash into the Earth. Upon the battle where there's only five minutes before the moon crashes down and destroys Hyrule and all of the planet, you're able to receive your Ocarina of Time and remember a tune to send you back in time. If you don't go back in time, this happens:

Now, I have a theory! I know the moon probably wont do something like this for billions of years or so, unless something happens to the gravitational pull or an evil group of humans pushes the moon into the Earth to destroy it. What if this were to happen, BUT someone was able to obtain a portable time machine to try and prevent it? I don't know how else to word this, but you may or may not have the idea, right?

Harte

The Moon will never do that, unless your proposed "evil group of humans" makes it do that (for some unfathomable reason.)
The Moon is actually moving away from Earth at about 2 cm. per year (going from memory on the 2cm part.)

I've played that game many times, on the 64 and on gamecube (it, along with all the Zelda games, was on the disk that came with the gamecube.)
One of my favorites.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If the moon was to crash on the earth in a few decades or century, is there anything we could do to stop it, or prevent a mass extinction level event?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
If the moon was to crash on the earth in a few decades or century, is there anything we could do to stop it, or prevent a mass extinction level event?
I don't think we can if time travel is out of the equation, and if the crash is being made by a superior race or by God.