The Minimum Wage

TnWatchdog

Definition "The minimum wage is the minimum hourly wage an employer can pay an employee for work. Currently, the federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour (part of the Fair Labor Standards Act) and some states and cities have raised their minimum wage even higher than that."

Certain states are pushing to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour, dah...which WILL be passed on to consumers by means of increased prices. When I was younger I worked for minimum wages, which gave me the incentive to work several jobs and graduate from college.
Picture.jpeg

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Minimum wage cannot be the same across the board. Example, the cost of living in Hawaii is much more than the cost of living in Florida, yet the minimum wage is exactly the same. It makes no sense.

I'm also afraid that humans will be replaced by machines/robots if wages become too high.... sadly, of course.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
There is another monetary system. All basic needs are provided for free. No one really would be required to work in that system. Automation would be welcome to replace all the crap jobs. Anyone wanting goods and services above basic needs would then be able to choose if they wanted a job. Corporations would then have to provide incentive to get people to work. Thus higher wages would be offered. Of course goods and services would be a lot cheaper anyway if profit was outlawed.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm all for a higher minimum wage. But I don't want the employers to have us, customers pay the bill.

Also, I'd be bummed to see a convenience store clerk earn as much as someone who went through years of school to earn a diploma...

TimeFlipper

In the UK the minimum wage has just risen to £7.50 per week $10.50
This will attract thousands and thousands more immigrants to come here from Europe, again putting great strain upon our services and jobs..
And all this is because we are in the EU, they tell us what we have to do (freedom of movement anywhere in Europe) and we give them £350,000,000 per week ($525.000.000per week) , yes thats three hundred and fifty million pounds every week, for the pleasure of them telling us what to do with our own money!!! :mad:

We could build lots of much needed hospitals with that money and financially stabilise our National Health Service (NHS) from literally becoming bankrupt if many more immigrants are allowed into our country!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There is another monetary system. All basic needs are provided for free. No one really would be required to work in that system. Automation would be welcome to replace all the crap jobs. Anyone wanting goods and services above basic needs would then be able to choose if they wanted a job. Corporations would then have to provide incentive to get people to work. Thus higher wages would be offered. Of course goods and services would be a lot cheaper anyway if profit was outlawed.

It's almost like that already with 50% of America not paying taxes and all the free handouts.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
In the UK the minimum wage has just risen to £7.50 per week $10.50
This will attract thousands and thousands more immigrants to come here from Europe, again putting great strain upon our services and jobs..
And all this is because we are in the EU, they tell us what we have to do (freedom of movement anywhere in Europe) and we give them £350,000,000 per week ($525.000.000per week) , yes thats three hundred and fifty million pounds every week, for the pleasure of them telling us what to do with our own money!!! :mad:

We could build lots of much needed hospitals with that money and financially stabilise our National Health Service (NHS) from literally becoming bankrupt if many more immigrants are allowed into our country!!

Most of our immigrants are illegal, so they can't get those jobs, anyway. In fact, this would cause companies to hire more illegals thus taking jobs away from citizens and legal immigrants.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm all for a higher minimum wage. But I don't want the employers to have us, customers pay the bill.

Also, I'd be bummed to see a convenience store clerk earn as much as someone who went through years of school to earn a diploma...

Watch the U.S. government raise income tax for the middle class to pay for it.

TnWatchdog

OR...your Social Security benefits, as of today, can be drawn at 70 years of age, then 71, or 72...we keep getting screwed.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

OR...your Social Security benefits, as of today, can be drawn at 70 years of age, then 71, or 72...we keep getting screwed.

Don't rely on the government. In 25 years when I'm 70, it won't exist. Have to think of another way to survive. I believe more in family. Families should love eachother and help eachother survive and will be much better at it than the U.S. government.