The official referendum for Karelia

Should Karelia become independent from Russia?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why not

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Beholder

As a person of Karelian ancestry who's ancestors were thrown out when Russia annexed Karelia, I hereby hold a fully legal referendum for whether Karelia should become independent from Russia, according to Putin's right to choose which country one belongs to.
m49oyq17oq611.png

I take no responsibility for any Russians unable to participate in this election, for Putin approves elections held right after filtration camps. Because the act of voting in a referendum is a vote to approve its legitimacy, there is no point in having a "no" alternative, because voting no would defeat the purpose of boycotting an election. Objections will be duly noted but not counted. We can begin redrawing the world maps before concluding the election, because we already know the result.

Last edited:

alpha centauri

As a person of Karelian ancestry whos ancestors were thrown out when Russia annexed Karelia, I hereby hold a fully legal referendum for whether Karelia should become independent from Russia, according to Putin's right to choose which country one belongs to.
I am for it. The most regions would also vote to join the countries that give them the most benefits. So I think Kalniningrad and other regions would join the EU and some regions China, Japan, Korea or become independent without Russian propaganda.

The propaganda does not really make sense to me in another way, because Putin tries to picture Russia as multicultural and multiethnic country but he insists that Russian majority regions of other countries should join Russia, because those other countries have no right to be multiethnical.

If you support multiethnic ideas, you should not try to seperate other countries because of that. This just shows that you are against multiculturalism. In multiculturalism, it does not matter to which country a region belongs to.

Because the act of voting in a referendum is a vote to approve its legitimacy, there is no point in having a "no" alternative, because voting no would defeat the purpose of boycotting an election.
that reminds me of the GDR. You could only vote yes or no and if you voted no, the state would have known that you voted no.

Only one candidate appeared on the ballot; voters simply took the ballot paper and dropped it into the ballot box. Those who wanted to vote against the candidate had to go to a special booth, without any secrecy.[1] Seats were apportioned based on a set quota, not actual vote totals

Beholder

Looks like the election is going well. Time to celebrate Karelia's independence with our traditional food.
307085c92ab26e4bb80b55420aebfa6a.jpg