"The Passion of the Clerks"

karizma

"The Passion of the Clerks"

For all of the movie fans out there, a little public service announcement:

Kevin Smith (writer and director of "Clerks", "Dogma", "Chasing Amy") is in pre production of the sequel to the ever popular movie "Clerks". Entitled "The Passion of the Clerks" the sequel promises to be shot low budget style to maintain continuity with the original Sundance Film Festival submission. The movie takes place 10 years after the first film and will be staring all of the original cast. Kevin Smith describes it as, "It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex."

Shooting begins in January!

Karizma <Local Movie Buff>

StarLord

&quot;The Passion of the Clerks&quot;

In all honesty, that would be the second greatest waste of film since the first supository. It reminded me of a progenitor to Jackass with very bad lighting.
It was almost like getting stuck in a 7/11 while being in the 10th grade on film.
I waited for it to get better and it never did.

I am reminded of a certain composer that went out of his way to score/write a symphony that was so plainly discordant and cacophanous that it would chase the audience away in record time, he did and so did they.

Now, perhaps if they put Ridley Scott to work on it........

karizma

I wouldn't say that "Clerks" was all that bad. You should enjoy it for its simplicity. Also, who hasn't just had one of THOSE days? The movie is about THOSE days.

One should watch it with an empty brain and enjoy the pointless humor.

:D

StarLord

My better half constantly reminds me of my ownership of the aforementioned state of mind :lol: I have plauged her undoubtedly with a plethora of "mindless" movies that had no social redeeming value whatsoever. I do enjoy movies of that sort from time to time and I have had my own set of bad days where even a miricle would not asuage the situation.

Rather than do this new one low budget, simply rename our heroes Tom & Jerry, animate it, and you have an instant hit.

Poor lighting and a low budget look and feel put me off to no end. I could not connect with the personnas to save my life.

Now, Dogma and the Amy movies are 180 degrees apart from clerks, there were definite digs and spoofs along with the unspoken message. I enjoyed those.
Perhaps it was because it ws his first that I did not care for clerks.

karizma

Quote from "Chasing Amy":

BOB
At that moment, I felt small -
like I?d lacked experience, like I?d
never be on her level or never be
enough for her or something.
And what I didn?t get was that she
didn?t care. She wasn?t looking for
that guy anymore. She was looking for
me. But by the time I realized this,
it was too late, you know. She?d
moved on, and all I had to show for it
was some foolish pride, which then
gave way to regret. She was the girl,
I know that now. But I pushed her
away...

(Everyone?s silent Silent Bob lights a cigarette.)

BOB
So I?ve spent every day since then
chasing Amy...
(takes a drag from his smoke)
So to speak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that part of the movie. Silent Bob is like the best character. When he does speak it is usually to say something meaningful or something that tries to sum up the entire movie.

pearlheartgtr

Re: &quot;The Passion of the Clerks&quot;

I loved Clerks and all of KS's movies. Clerks might have been low budget flick, but so was Star Wars.

Aside from the low-budget features (which many film makers would probably spend millions on recreating), it was enjoyable and funny. It surpasses most of the high volume crap that has come before and since then with its simplicity.

One thing I can say is that if you have never worked in retail, then you really wouldn't understand it. I deal with people like they did and worse.

I want to see a story, not how well someone can play with a computer and make special effects.

I am looking forward to the next Clerks and hopefully a re-release of Mallrats that I don't have to pay $50 for.

--pearl