The typo/grammar brigade

The_Ruffneck

The typo/grammar brigade

I read this on another forum i post at as a reply to some messages i made.Can you believe this guy? he's like everyone's worst nightmare

Man the most amazing part is when he admits checking every post i had made on there for the past few years (350 or so) for errors then reporting them , this is INSANITY , CORRECTNESS GONE MADS I TELLS YA

Sorry for the randomness of the post , i just think theres a limit as to what is acceptable and what is OTT

ma3a_operat0r

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:59 pm? ? Post subject:? Reply with quote
ok ruffneck; let's work on your grammar.

the_ruffneck wrote:
Apple invented it , Microsoft refined and improved it.I can live with that.As for the new

becomes:

Code:
Apple invented it<NO SPACE>, Microsoft refined and improved it.<SPACE>I can live with that.<SPACE!>As for the new
and

the_ruffneck wrote:
and what about adding f1 etc for gaming? , didn't even get sound blaster until 2001....LoL

becomes:

Code:
and what about adding f1 etc for gaming? <NO COMMA>Mac didn't even get sound blaster until 2001...<NO FOURTH FULL STOP>LoL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with these grammar tips i've just given you, only your posts' intellectual content (i.e. the opinions expressed within them) will give people insight into just how dim-witted and small-minded you are Smile. and, to quote you, i just hope trying to use correct grammar won't \"make [your] small brain explode!\"

oh, and PS: just so you don't try to palm these errors off as \"typos\", go and look at everything you've ever typed up for the past few years; it'll feature commas with spaces either side, and full stops with no surrounding spaces to be found.

toodles Smile
-duncan

EDIT: woah - that post-script i made about you having consistent errors is incorrect!

the_ruffneck wrote:
My p3 ,seagate HD ,motherboard,8 year old keyboard ,DVD drive etc etc are all running fine

so you don't even have a way you think may be right? your grammatical \"style\" varies from post to post? you really don't have any idea at all Laughing.

StarLord

The typo/grammar brigade

Ruffneck

What did you expect from a wanker? Some people have too much time on their hands.

Judge Bean

The typo/grammar brigade

Originally posted by The_Ruffneck@Dec 8 2004, 04:12 PM
ok ruffneck; let's work on your grammar.

with these grammar tips i've just given you, only your posts' intellectual content (i.e. the opinions expressed within them) will give people insight into just how dim-witted and small-minded you are Smile. and, to quote you, i just hope trying to use correct grammar won't \"make [your] small brain explode!\"

oh, and PS: just so you don't try to palm these errors off as \"typos\", go and look at everything you've ever typed up for the past few years; it'll feature commas with spaces either side, and full stops with no surrounding spaces to be found.

toodles Smile
-duncan

EDIT: woah - that post-script i made about you having consistent errors is incorrect!

...so you don't even have a way you think may be right? your grammatical \"style\" varies from post to post? you really don't have any idea at all Laughing.

Ruff, I have highlighted all of his writing errors for you. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," to paraphrase a great writer.

lastdyingtree

The typo/grammar brigade

I only correct people if their spelling of common words is completely off (and then become another word entirely), or if thye tipe lyke thsi!
Chrsi...
err...I mean...
Chris.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
The typo/grammar brigade

Ruffneck: As a rule of thumb, the poorer your spelling and grammar, the faster your mind is working. You are generally thinking of the larger implications of your cogitations and leave these small details to the weaker minded who will be able to pick over the structure, but never the concept. Pedantic picking over the poor presence of anothers prose is the first redout of the dim.

Never do it meself (sometimes it's simply a colloquialism), never seen the better brains here do it either. We are altogether more civilised.

Scruffy minds get far more done anyway's. ;)

Jovial_Kitten

The typo/grammar brigade

Sometimes I can be considered a bit of a spelling nazi. I tend to stay away from lecturing other people's grammar because my grasp of it isn't perfect.
As long as someone at least puts effort into spelling correctly and bringing their point across clearly. Everyone else should just back the f.. off.

ZeoEmeraude

The typo/grammar brigade

Personally, I mispeel a lot. I mean, ya I type fast, hate to use speel check, and often end wordz in the letter z, but hey, isn't imperfection what seperatez us from logic-based machines? Although I kid about this topic, I do want to point out the fact that if someone isn't used to reading typos/mispelling online by now, it'z time to start over....lol