Theory about time

Moonshine

I have an idea that is hard to describe to people... But I will try my best to tell it so you can understand .... So here it goes..

Each person has their own "timeline" so to speak. Perhaps we are all at different periods in time, but I am actually at the period of my time line where I write this post.... Whoever reads it may have already came and gone .. Or not here yet ....

We might all be "staggered" in time ..

Example -
2 people (Bob and Sue)
They go on a road trip across the USA. Bob drives the whole way, and sue sleeps the whole way .... Let's say it take 2 days , assuming Bob drove 24/7 and Sue slept 24/7 at the end of the trip, Sue would be 2 days ahead of Bob...

I hope this makes some sort of sense to anyone ... It makes perfect sense in my head lol.

trekie4ever

Lol that example doesn't make sense to me. Now if sue and Bob drove separate cars, I can see that 2 hours for Bob didn't feel like the same amount of time for Sue. Bobs time could've been faster but had loops while sues was slower but a direct line. So it still takes two hours in absolute time but the amount of time experienced is much different.

Riding together I would imagine they exist in the same "time/space" thus they take the same path timeline path. Or. .. not. Bob can be like that took forever and sue (let's say she was awake 24/7 too) would feel as though it took no time at all.

Moonshine

But they are not in the same time and space.
And my example was to express the feeling that when you sleep it feels time flys.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I have often wondered about what you are saying,, and how maybe thats why two poeple who are the same age,, grew up together..yet seem to be getting older at diffrent rates.. while one looks young and lively ,,, yet the friend looks old, wrinkled and worn out.. niether have led all that much diffrent life styles from one another,, same food style, party habbits, even work in the same auto assembly plant.. still they appear to be greatly diffrent in age..

closer to your example a person gets sick and the doctors put them into a coma with drugs,then hook up to all kinds of mechines to allow there body to more easly regaine it strength....
when they are revived you ask how them long have you been asleep??
they respond with one night haveing no concept of time passed...
when in fact it has been many days or maybe even months that they have been sleeping....
there wole additude is diffrent they seem to be another person tow those closest to them there basic life style is the same but some how they are just not interested in the same stuff anymore and will even make the comment that they see the world diffrently now ...
so have they slipped into a new time line of there own, and everything realy is diffrent or is it just a matter if perseption on the part of the observer???

trekie4ever

I think you guys at focussed on something way too dependent on perception and objectiveness. Being asleep doesn't mean time for you has stopped. Your realization of it has to an extent. The experience of time is subjective but I have always felt time would need to be concrete (independent) in some fashion to allow time travel.

Moonshine

I'm not insinuating that sleep alters time... I just was using it as an example.

Everyone has his/hers own time line.

Warren York

I have an idea that is hard to describe to people... But I will try my best to tell it so you can understand .... So here it goes..

Each person has their own "timeline" so to speak. Perhaps we are all at different periods in time, but I am actually at the period of my time line where I write this post.... Whoever reads it may have already came and gone .. Or not here yet ....

We might all be "staggered" in time ..

Example -
2 people (Bob and Sue)
They go on a road trip across the USA. Bob drives the whole way, and sue sleeps the whole way .... Let's say it take 2 days , assuming Bob drove 24/7 and Sue slept 24/7 at the end of the trip, Sue would be 2 days ahead of Bob...

I hope this makes some sort of sense to anyone ... It makes perfect sense in my head lol.

Hello Moonshine,
I have been working with TIME engineering (research) now since the late 80's. It does make sense on the first half. Each person does have their own TIME LINE. That time line will always be their signature so to speak. They will never jump back in TIME and become younger or forward and become older as the one doing the JUMP. This does not mean they will not meet an older them or younger them only they are their own TIMELINE. I hope this helps. The rest of the research gets too thick to explain in 25 words or less. Thank you for your TIME. Warren