there are some wierd creatures in the water

kcwildman

Beastmaster
found this while goofing off and just thought yall would find it cool.....its a recording from an oil rig cam. at a depth of around 5000 ft.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Earthmasque

Those oil rig workers must get lonely.

They've stooped to peeping jellyfish in their most private moments.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
heres a link as to just what that thing is,,, kinda freaked me out when I first saw it :eek:

BBC - Earth News - Giant deep sea jellyfish filmed in Gulf of Mexico

Remarkable footage of a rarely seen giant deep sea jellyfish has been recorded by scientists.
Using a remotely operated vehicle (ROV), they captured a video of the huge Stygiomedusa gigantea.
The jellyfish has a disc-shaped bell than can be a metre wide, and has four arms that extend up to six metres in length.
The jellyfish has only been seen 114 times in the 110 years it has been known to science, say researchers.

Moonshine

I have something a lot more weird then that.... We filmed it off the coast of Mexico in the gulf of Mexico. We were inspecting riesers with a rov and it came out of no were. The wash from the rov cut it in two and it grew back withen 5-10 sec. I will try to upload the vedio but it's proprietary and I don't want it to be public and I might could get in trouble.