Time and again

xyqtrpb

Time and again

Hi,
I am a Greater DC Marshall, when on the clock, by the name of Jack VanHeusen. I have updated my profile, as I have done many times before on this board, with the information that is recuringly of interest to the first few members to post. From that point on, the deviation splits widely and the questions will vary per timeline.

What am I doing here is a common recuring question of this forum? So here is the answer in not so many words.

I am, as I mentioned before, a Greater DC Marshall in the criminal witness protection division. The requirements for this position are quite simple, 16 years of college focusing on any of the colleges of Criminalistics or Crimanology, with one minor in a linguistics field of a particular period. My current rank is DCE16. My GCOS (Government Civilian Occupational Specialization) is xyqtrpb. It is for this reason I choose this as my username. It is easily traceable through the timelines. Such that I can perform a simple search and know whether or not I have been to the timeline I am currently residing. After numerous jumps, it becomes hard to recall exactly which a26 dimension you have visited (26 dimensions specify an exact timeline).

I do this on every timeline much in the same way one might carve "I was here" in a desk. On to my job, I am responsible for the placement of criminal event witnesses. These witnesses are taken to different timelines. This information is kept secret. In the late 2000's it was determined that adding only one dimension of separation (that dimension being only distance from the crime or imminent threat) for the high profiled witnesses was innefficient given the corruption and influence of organized crime. As will all problems, technology evolves and aligns with and dismisses the problem. It was at this time that interdimensional travel was opened to the DC department of homeland protection. It is a safely guarded procedure not open to the public. Generally the DC governement holds all inventions for use by the dohp if said invention could threaten DC. Once and if the possible threat can me mitigated, the product may or may not be released to the private sector. At this time interdimensional traveling is still not available to the general public.

I have attached a map to answer a question that generally arises on page 3 of this thread. The fact is that the United States of America is no more. There are 4 regions (North, South, East and West), covering the same area that is the current day United States. As a whole they are known as Greater District of Columbia (DC). This was done in order to simplify the battle over states' rights which drew to a head in our timeline around 2005...approximately 300 years ago. Time travel is impossible. Only moving through the dimensional lines is. Our dimension began approximately 300 years ahead of the current timeline. Though similar and abiding by the same laws of physics, they are inherently different. However, with nearing to infinity to deal with, probability does occur quite frequently and coincidence is a very firm mathematical truth. So many of the lines to which I have been sent resemble, if not exactly duplicate historically, other lines. This is, in part, due to the inherent design of man moreso than coincidence, chance or random behavior. Given the same physical restraints, and all things being the same, the psyche of man generally tends to direct in similar courses.

Consider two right handed people of completely different origins but of similar traits...height, weight, sex, etc. If you drop these two individuals off in the same place, but at different times, they follow the exact same course of a left handed circle. This, simplistically speaking, is the course of man. However, there are, as will all mathematical probabilities, variations and deviations. But these scattered points are are few and far in between. This leads me to believe that we are all along a similar path, with few exceptions, given the controls of natural physics in place.

Questions?

Heinrich Hundekok

Re: Time and again

Hi,

How can you visit a specific timeline? I thought there would be an infinite number of timelines between any two randomly chosen timelines, no matter how close they are to each other, just as there are infinitely many numbers between any two randomly chosen numbers.

Nice map, by the way. I like the neat, almost equally sized regions. I'd never thought that a country that big with so many differing attitudes, religious beliefs and political convictions would ever be able to split up in such a nice way.

And again, What was it you were doing here?

H.H.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"xyqtrpb\")</div>
Hi,
I am a Greater DC Marshall, when on the clock, by the name of Jack VanHeusen. I have updated my profile, as I have done many times before on this board, with the information that is recuringly of interest to the first few members to post. From that point on, the deviation splits widely and the questions will vary per timeline.

What am I doing here is a common recuring question of this forum? So here is the answer in not so many words.

I am, as I mentioned before, a Greater DC Marshall in the criminal witness protection division. The requirements for this position are quite simple, 16 years of college focusing on any of the colleges of Criminalistics or Crimanology, with one minor in a linguistics field of a particular period. My current rank is DCE16. My GCOS (Government Civilian Occupational Specialization) is xyqtrpb. It is for this reason I choose this as my username. It is easily traceable through the timelines. Such that I can perform a simple search and know whether or not I have been to the timeline I am currently residing. After numerous jumps, it becomes hard to recall exactly which a26 dimension you have visited (26 dimensions specify an exact timeline).

I do this on every timeline much in the same way one might carve \"I was here\" in a desk. On to my job, I am responsible for the placement of criminal event witnesses. These witnesses are taken to different timelines. This information is kept secret. In the late 2000's it was determined that adding only one dimension of separation (that dimension being only distance from the crime or imminent threat) for the high profiled witnesses was innefficient given the corruption and influence of organized crime. As will all problems, technology evolves and aligns with and dismisses the problem. It was at this time that interdimensional travel was opened to the DC department of homeland protection. It is a safely guarded procedure not open to the public. Generally the DC governement holds all inventions for use by the dohp if said invention could threaten DC. Once and if the possible threat can me mitigated, the product may or may not be released to the private sector. At this time interdimensional traveling is still not available to the general public.

I have attached a map to answer a question that generally arises on page 3 of this thread. The fact is that the United States of America is no more. There are 4 regions (North, South, East and West), covering the same area that is the current day United States. As a whole they are known as Greater District of Columbia (DC). This was done in order to simplify the battle over states' rights which drew to a head in our timeline around 2005...approximately 300 years ago. Time travel is impossible. Only moving through the dimensional lines is. Our dimension began approximately 300 years ahead of the current timeline. Though similar and abiding by the same laws of physics, they are inherently different. However, with nearing to infinity to deal with, probability does occur quite frequently and coincidence is a very firm mathematical truth. So many of the lines to which I have been sent resemble, if not exactly duplicate historically, other lines. This is, in part, due to the inherent design of man moreso than coincidence, chance or random behavior. Given the same physical restraints, and all things being the same, the psyche of man generally tends to direct in similar courses.

Consider two right handed people of completely different origins but of similar traits...height, weight, sex, etc. If you drop these two individuals off in the same place, but at different times, they follow the exact same course of a left handed circle. This, simplistically speaking, is the course of man. However, there are, as will all mathematical probabilities, variations and deviations. But these scattered points are are few and far in between. This leads me to believe that we are all along a similar path, with few exceptions, given the controls of natural physics in place.

Questions?[/b]

I have many, but I will start small and build up to the better ones.

So, you've been here before, are here now and will be here soon. Initial contact is invariably the same, whereafter divergence occurs according to dimensional timeline variations...

This is obviously your first time here, here though, as a simple search revealed the following;

We couldn't find any sites containing xyqtrpb.
Search tips:

• Try similar words. For example, some sites may use "film" instead of "movie".
  • Blah, blah, blah!
You said;

These witnesses are taken to different timelines. This information is kept secret.

Presumably, they can be returned to whence they came and you also?

Time travel is impossible. Only moving through the dimensional lines is. Our dimension began approximately 300 years ahead of the current timeline. Though similar and abiding by the same laws of physics, they are inherently different. However, with nearing to infinity to deal with, probability does occur quite frequently and coincidence is a very firm mathematical truth. So many of the lines to which I have been sent resemble, if not exactly duplicate historically, other lines. This is, in part, due to the inherent design of man moreso than coincidence, chance or random behavior. Given the same physical restraints, and all things being the same, the psyche of man generally tends to direct in similar courses.

How did it begin 300 years ahead of our timeline?

Was the Universe forming Event 1 slightly ahead of schedule in your neck of the woods?

It is argued that all dimensions of Time and Space were formed out of the Big Bang (or whatever Universe event forming theory you hold to) and that to split a timeline/dimension there must be an event which has more than one outcome. This multiple outcome argument, a sort of Schrodingers Cosmic Outcome, causes divergence.

Humans are best placed to cause divergence in any argument. So, the evolution of man, the subsequent technological ages and wars, would provide the most number of divergences. It is difficult to conceptualise therefore, how your one dimension can have slipped so far up the timeline from all others.

Can you illuminate me here?

Timmy G

Time travel is impossible. Only moving through the dimensional lines is. Our dimension began approximately 300 years ahead of the current timeline. Though similar and abiding by the same laws of physics, they are inherently different. However, with nearing to infinity to deal with, probability does occur quite frequently and coincidence is a very firm mathematical truth. So many of the lines to which I have been sent resemble, if not exactly duplicate historically, other lines.

I may not be into double talk and physics, but - didn't you just start the above quote by saying "Time Travel is impossible"? Then go on to say "...so many of the lines to which I have been sent..."?

Pardon me, but if you are being sent to a different time than your own, aren't you time travelling?

Welcome to the TTF, and thanks in advance for your reply.

xyqtrpb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Heinrich Hundekok\")</div>
Hi,

How can you visit a specific timeline? I thought there would be an infinite number of timelines between any two randomly chosen timelines, no matter how close they are to each other, just as there are infinitely many numbers between any two randomly chosen numbers.

Nice map, by the way. I like the neat, almost equally sized regions. I'd never thought that a country that big with so many differing attitudes, religious beliefs and political convictions would ever be able to split up in such a nice way.

And again, What was it you were doing here?

H.H.[/b]

From my understanding, I have a friend in the cross dimensional engineering department, it works by dialing in 26 different variables accounting for exact points on the nearing infinite dimensional lines. These variables, in a sense, allow the machine to pinpoint exact coordinated in the 26 dimensional aspect of space.

The map is commonly taught in elementary. I am not sure as to why or how the divisions were made, however I can understand your point. I have often wondered why the states have been divided as they are. It is almost random, barring the west.

I am here placing and adjusting a recent ward of the dohp, witness protection division. My job is to deliver them to this timeline, and establish a domicile and continuity of life program. This involves attuning them to this timeline. Of course there is very little transition. It is relatively easy to live under the scope of government in this line as compared to my home line. However, this line is approximately 300 years younger than the origin line. To draw a comparision, imagine how easy it would be to hide, or better to blend in, in the 1700s as compared to now.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"xyqtrpb\")</div>
Hi,

I do this on every timeline much in the same way one might carve \"I was here\" in a desk. On to my job, I am responsible for the placement of criminal event witnesses. These witnesses are taken to different timelines. This information is kept secret. In the late 2000's it was determined that adding only one dimension of separation (that dimension being only distance from the crime or imminent threat) for the high profiled witnesses was innefficient given the corruption and influence of organized crime. As will all problems, technology evolves and aligns with and dismisses the problem. It was at this time that interdimensional travel was opened to the DC department of homeland protection. It is a safely guarded procedure not open to the public. Generally the DC governement holds all inventions for use by the dohp if said invention could threaten DC. Once and if the possible threat can me mitigated, the product may or may not be released to the private sector. At this time interdimensional traveling is still not available to the general public.

Questions?[/b]

I must hand it to you, you are well versed in certain aspects of our culture.
In my humble opinion there is but one thing missing in your introductory post.

If it was me writing this, I would have put "Paul was here" on that desk.
Other than that, I can't wait to see all the fur and questions fly.

xyqtrpb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
So, you've been here before, are here now and will be here soon. Initial contact is invariably the same, whereafter divergence occurs according to dimensional timeline variations...

This is obviously your first time here, here though, as a simple search revealed the following;

We couldn't find any sites containing xyqtrpb.
Search tips:
  • Try similar words. For example, some sites may use \"film\" instead of \"movie\".
  • Blah, blah, blah!
You said;

Presumably, they can be returned to whence they came and you also?

How did it begin 300 years ahead of our timeline?

Was the Universe forming Event 1 slightly ahead of schedule in your neck of the woods?

It is argued that all dimensions of Time and Space were formed out of the Big Bang (or whatever Universe event forming theory you hold to) and that to split a timeline/dimension there must be an event which has more than one outcome. This multiple outcome argument, a sort of Schrodingers Cosmic Outcome, causes divergence.

Humans are best placed to cause divergence in any argument. So, the evolution of man, the subsequent technological ages and wars, would provide the most number of divergences. It is difficult to conceptualise therefore, how your one dimension can have slipped so far up the timeline from all others.

Can you illuminate me here?[/b]

In this dimension, this I has only been here once. If I have been to other dimensions, I have not exercised the same mechanism of marking, as I have been doing.

Yes, I can be returned from whence I came as can the witnesses I protect. However, this would be unwise for them. And given the technology on the timelines in which they are dropped it is impossible for them to return without DCDOHP intervention.

The way our timeline began earlier than your time line is a matter of physics not yet realized completely here. When the initial "big bang" occured, varying dimensions were formed, with every molecular and subatomic variation, a new dimension was borne. From what we can tell, this leads to a nearing infinite number of dimensions that formed and are forming even now. Our dimension, if one were to put a time on it, was around 300 years in advance of yours. Yours followed a very similar progession. Consider "baby galaxies" formed of black holes. Imagine if they were continuously spun out, but rather than through space, they existed on top of each other. Each would have a point of reference as a "beginning" yet there'd be no clear beginning for any. That is how we come to exist longer than you.

xyqtrpb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Timmy G\")</div>
I may not be into double talk and physics, but - didn't you just start the above quote by saying \"Time Travel is impossible\"? Then go on to say \"...so many of the lines to which I have been sent...\"?

Pardon me, but if you are being sent to a different time than your own, aren't you time travelling?

Welcome to the TTF, and thanks in advance for your reply.[/b]

One could call it time travel as, relative to my time, this time is viewed as historically similar.

But imagine a tree if you will. As you cut inward from one ring to another, the rings become less and less developed. Though you are moving inward you are not "time travelling" but simply cutting through the slices. Some mediums will be very similar in advancement where as others are just starting and very dissimilar.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Well, that's all well and good... but, how do you get home when you are creating divergence by simply being here?

Divergence occurs when a time traveller moves just a few atoms or molecules. This may alter local gravitational forces, temperature, fluid dynamics, and other molecular traits. As described in Twentieth-Century chaos theory, moving a single molecule can lead very quickly to significant seismic and climatic changes around the world. For example, moving a single air molecule in South Africa could alter the wind patterns in the immediate area, which in turn could alter the weather throughout the Southern Hemisphere, which in turn would cause a storm in a specific location, which could lead to temporal divergence at the genetic level.

The seeming randomness that you create simply by being, must make a return journey hazardous at the best of times... so how do you do it? What is your vehicle for this and how do you keep track of where you are and whence you came from against this hostile backdrop of divergent chaos?