Time Travel Dream

Dakotaridge

Time Travel Dream

I have these dreams on occasion; they're very vivid and real when they do occur. I think of significance this time is that the dream occured a) in the middle of the afternoon (during a nap), and B) in the middle of a huge transition in my life - putting my software through the final test phase, bringing it to market, having my entire life reduced to absolute rubble in the process.

There was some goofy stuff prior to what I'm posting; I really can't remember it. It led into the main theme. I'm bopping around an 1800's Western town. It's a small town out on the frontier somewhere. I'm with a group of people, we all know we're from the future and we have to be careful not to disrupt the timeline by revealing anything that would alter their course. We then begin a trek over the Rockies - I think our destination is some hard-to-reach place way at the top of the mountain (probably representing my software endeavors). Just before we leave, there's something going on with a black-and-white poster that has my name prominently printed across the top; somebody questions this and I just tell them "it's just my name, nobody's going to know or care." The poster has a corner torn off, it looks like a posterity photo, and it's lying on the wooden floor; I just leave it. We begin the trek, then somehow we get shot way off course and end up taking a route that takes us due south (bad ... "it all went south?") Another guy was leading our group. In the dream I'm becoming very apprehensive, thinking "there's no WAY he's going to trek all the way across Antarctica just to reach the other side of that mountain?!?!?!" But that's exactly what he did. In the dream, I decide that the struggle through the snow, enduring the cold and frostbite, etc. is something I just don't want to deal with so in my mind I speed up the entire experience, to where it all becomes a massive fast-forward; I'm aware of our struggling over long stretches of icy cold, etc. but I just tune it out and fast forward through all of it. Then we end up at the South Pole, or pretty close to there, and I begin seeing a village of people who are living in shanties, sometimes little better than cardboard boxes (I'm currently at an Extended Stay America while this software release takes place). Then I see a strand of wire on the ground and I recognize it as modern-day telephone wire. I stop the group and put my full focus on this wire. I'm thinking to myself, this is obviously from the future, and it's a foregone conclusion none of the inhabitants of Earth will have trekked down to this area in the 1800's ... I have a plan to experiment with time travel to get back to our own time (we have no defined way to get back) so I begin winding this wire up, figuring it will be enormously useful. But the thought keeps growing ... a) what's a village doing down here at all, and B) this is one spot on Earth where time travelers could come and go at their liesure without upsetting anything relating to the current time. At this point I'm highly suspicious that this place is, indeed, a hangout for time travelers. We walk some more, and begin seeing cars driving - futuristic cars that I don't particularly like the look of, but they're obviously from what would be termed "the future" even in my own time. Then we start seeing homes - full sized houses - with completely modern day construction and by this time I'm 99% sure that this is indeed a village of time travelers; people who just wanted to escape their own time and have some more freedom. Then we come to the door of one of the houses. It looks like 1930's construction, and I say to the guy next to me (maybe my older brother?) "I wanna check out this village ... I think these people have a way back home for us that's a LOT MORE PRACTICAL than what I have planned." We walk through a door, and it's pitch black; I can't see anything, I crash into a wall about 10' ahead, but the point where I crash into it is just another door and it opens freely. This scene repeats 5 times - 5 walls, 5 doors, then we emerge back outside and voila, we're back in modern times - still in the Antarctic but this is a non-issue. I'm just thinking, "I knew it, I knew it..." Then I wake up.

PamelaM

Re: Time Travel Dream

I think this is a very interesting dream. I could picture a place where time travelers would hang out that would be rather cool. But they may have to be more discreet like in a cave or mountain side. After all there are helicopters and stuff that do land searches. Or maybe a base under the water would be sufficient.or somewhere underground. Actually it would be rather hard to hide in todays world a large settlement like that out in the open even in the Artic. There is just too much technology that could notice you. Best bet would be just to live amongst the people depending what time you came from this could be hard or difficult.

thanks for sharing your dream I found it very interesting.:)

Strangevisitor

Re: Time Travel Dream

this is a very interesting dream. to me it sounds like prior to your software relase the world or someone is "stuck in the past" meaning we/they aren't techology advanced as we should be. the others in the group could be other software designers and the trek is the journey to put this software out. the black and white poster kind of sounds like an old western wanted poster (I'm not too sure on how this could fit in). then you have a new leader (new boss, new software requlations) that seem incribably stupid to you (going to South Pole to cross the Rockies). The icy cold trails could be you having trails with the software but they they may be big problems (because of the suffering, cold, forstbite, ect) but because you "fast-forwarded" through them don't last long or they were so bad to you you just wanted to ignore them. after all this a friend or the world (who ever was living in the past) is now living in the world of tomorrow. it being a future that you weren't from could mean the software works beyond your wildest dreams (pardon the pun). the running into the walls five times means you try five times to reach some goal (maybe another software you want to create). the "I knew it I knew it" can mean you knew something about the trails of the software or you knew the software would work or something. The South Pole could represent a want for solitude. You mention a couple times how it would be a perfect place to hide but then you end up wanting to return to the "world" (i.e. friends, job, ect) maybe this is what you try five times.