Time travel idea

Genius

King Ivan
Looks like you can still leave messages.
Here is the link everybody!

Your message
I don't know if something will go wrong with it because... I asked my grandson to come and visit me or at least send me a cool machine from the future, but he didn't.
Maybe you'll have a granddaughter instead. :rolleyes:
If I won't have a grandson, then who will read the letter? If someone will read the letter, that person would have come, because in the letter I wrote that if my grandson can't come, then anyone who knows me can come.

Falkon303

So since it seems that physical time travel will not be achieved any time soon maybe we should ask for help from the future!
I'm thinking that maybe I can create a website where people can leave messages that can be available for thousands of years to come and this way people from the future will be able to read them. This way we can ask for help from them and maybe they can travel back in time and help us change the past somehow.
I will need someones help to create the website since I'm not very good at things like this. Is it possible to create a websitw that will be there for thousnds of years?

That's a really good idea. *IF* you created a website that had a cutoff time and date, the data could then be written to a form that could be stored indefinitely, but then you have the language issue. Let's say that way way way into the future people are speaking a different language. They may not be able to understand the stored data, so you have to translate each message someone left into multiple languages for there to be a chance it would ever be read.

Then you'd have to decide where a good location to store the capsule would be. Ideally it would be stored somewhere away from fault lines, volcanoes, and the coast, as the location might be toast in the future. I am thinking somewhere that future people would be able to go that wouldn't be easily disturbed and could remain indefinitely...... Haven't figured that one out yet. Rad idea.

Falkon303

We can't know if the Internet will still be available in the next 1,000 years or so.

Many websites don't even make it past a decade. For instance, Paranormalis was founded in 2004, but vanished several times between 2005 and 2008. We've been online non-stop for the last 7 years, but who knows what can happen in the future. My intention is to keep it online for the years and decades to come. But can I guarantee it at a 100% sure? No.

The same applies to any other website out there. Those sites are online now. Many won't be in a year, or in 10 years, let alone 1,000 years.

If you want something that can survive time itself, you'll probably need to engrave those messages in stone, like the ancient civilizations did. Stone is a pretty reliable medium that will survive almost anything.
'Superman' crystals could store 360TB of data forever

Angelhoney

"That's a really good idea. *IF* you created a website that had a cutoff time and date, the data could then be written to a form that could be stored indefinitely,"

How do I do that? I'm not so good when it comes to these kind of things.

steven chiverton

"That's a really good idea. *IF* you created a website that had a cutoff time and date, the data could then be written to a form that could be stored indefinitely,"

How do I do that? I'm not so good when it comes to these kind of things.
ive just uploaded the book by patricia ress time machine plans i got from a friend contact in france its in the forums here

steven chiverton

ive uploaded the book of time travel machines into the forums lucky a french contact of mine emailed it to me so read it all and learn of all the various ways you can time travel even without a hdr all i can say is wow the information in this book is awesome don't be deceived by the cover of the book its what's in it you just have to read it first

TimeFlipper

So since it seems that physical time travel will not be achieved any time soon maybe we should ask for help from the future!
I'm thinking that maybe I can create a website where people can leave messages that can be available for thousnds of years to come and this way people from the future will be able to read them. This way we can ask for help from them and maybe they can travel back in time and help us change the past somehow.
I will need someones help to create the website since I'm not very good at things like this. Is it possible to create a websitw that will be there for thousnds of years?

If you are interested in physical time travel, read up on the Montauk Project and how the government achieved time travel. You might be amazed at what you find.
Einstein, i think you might be interested in the posting by tlfofasho called Montauk specs...Its a full description of the Montauk Project :)

Angelhoney

I'm thinking that maybe I can create a website where people can leave messages that can be available for thousands of years to come and this way people from the future will be able to read them. This way we can ask for help from them and maybe they can travel back in time and help us change the past somehow.

That's a really good idea. *IF* you created a website that had a cutoff time and date, the data could then be written to a form that could be stored indefinitely, but then you have the language issue. Let's say that way way way into the future people are speaking a different language. They may not be able to understand the stored data, so you have to translate each message someone left into multiple languages for there to be a chance it would ever be read.

Then you'd have to decide where a good location to store the capsule would be. Ideally it would be stored somewhere away from fault lines, volcanoes, and the coast, as the location might be toast in the future. I am thinking somewhere that future people would be able to go that wouldn't be easily disturbed and could remain indefinitely...... Haven't figured that one out yet. Rad idea.
Freeform, can you help me create such a website?