Time Travel Movie Buff

karizma

Time Travel Movie Buff

Hello everyone.....I am just getting started on the board and I have made it my personal mission to start a dialoge going about time travel or just sci-fi type movies. I am a huge movie fan (somewhat of a movie freak) and would like to share what I know and learn from others.

Let's see if we can get things started.....I am going to compile a short list of some of my faves and get back on the board later this evening.

Later,
Karizma

John

Time Travel Movie Buff

Welcome back Karizma, nice to see you posting.

karizma

Time Travel Movie Buff

Thanks Satan (something you don't hear everyday). I am glad to finally get started posting on a regular basis. I have been racking my brain this afternoon trying to think of an avatar for myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tonight I should have a pretty good list of movies to share with everyone. That is, if I can passify my tiny master long enough to use the computer.

CaryP

Time Travel Movie Buff

Originally posted by karizma@Aug 20 2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks Satan (something you don't hear everyday). I am glad to finally get started posting on a regular basis. I have been racking my brain this afternoon trying to think of an avatar for myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tonight I should have a pretty good list of movies to share with everyone. That is, if I can passify my tiny master long enough to use the computer.

karizma,

I'm somewhat of a movie buff myself. Looking forward to your post. Satan is an admin. here as well as the owner of the board. You might consider introducing yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" thread started by our esteemed Paul J. Lyon.

Cary

CaryP

Time Travel Movie Buff

Thanks for the heads up Dad. Sorry for coming off like a dumb ass karizma. I didn't remember your original post. You need to post more kiddo. I'd like to see what Satan's better half has to say. Looking forward to the movie thread.

Cary

karizma

Time Travel Movie Buff

Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed posting last night, but if you have a kid at home I'm sure you can understand that sometimes you just don't have an opportunity to post. But I'm here now and ready to get things started.

I believe Satan already mentioned this movie in another topic but the Japanese hit Returner (2002) is a very enjoyable movie that I recommend. Of course it mixes a bit of several popular movies for example The Matrix to make up its plot, but who hasn't lately? If you enjoy Japanese anime and highly improbable time travel theories than Returner is for you.

Up for discussion: Timeline (2003) starring Paul Walker

I would love to get some opinions on this recent flick. I enjoyed it yet found it to be a little hooky. Before I totally taint the ending for anyone who hasn't seen the movie I am going to see if anyone else would like to comment. I love a good movie debate!

Karizma

karizma

Time Travel Movie Buff

I see that there weren't many "Timeline" fans interested in a little Medieval debate so I am going to start a brand new thread with a brand new movie topic. Please look for me.

Karizma :p

CaryP

Time Travel Movie Buff

Karizma,

My apologies. I misinterpreted this thread. I thought it was about movies in general, not about TT exclusively. There are some TT movies that I'm sure are very good. I just haven't seen them. I am interested in the TT movie back to medieval times based on the book by Michael Chriton. (Can't remember the name just now). I usually wait until movies come out on DVD and buy the ones I like. Going to a theater with the sheeple just isn't that appealling. I've been to the theater a few times per year since about 10 years ago. But I have amassed a sizable collection of movies on DVD, and VHS prior to DVD. So if can think of anything intelligent to say, I'll probably start another thread. Thank you much for bringing up movies. They are one of my favorite past times.

Cary