Time Travel/Parallel Universes

Aryeandris

Really, we jump timelines every time we make a decision we normally wouldn't have in my opinion. Those pivotal moments of life where you get a choice & they both lead to extremely different outcomes..

Falling_into_Fate

Really, we jump timelines every time we make a decision we normally wouldn't have in my opinion. Those pivotal moments of life where you get a choice & they both lead to extremely different outcomes..
I completely agree... But I say that every decision we make splits into two realities at least and if there were other choices, then it could be fractured into more than that. Something like this: I chose to move out of my hometown inn Nj to Philadelphia Pennsylvania, then I chose to move to Florida, in one place I never left NJ and in one I never went to Florida. There's now 3 timelines, but wait then I moved back here, so now there's a timeline where I went to Florida but never returned to Nj.

Rosco..Jones

With the history of our world being billions of years, there are an untold number of timelines branching to form parallel realities. I'm sure evolution took many paths that would not include our being here today. Consider the possibility that UFOs are not from other worlds, but are from parallel realities here on Earth. The conditions for a planet to develop intelligent life seem to be pretty rare in the universe. These "aliens" would feel right at home with our atmosphere, gravity and climate. Moving "sideways" in time might be easier than transporting across light years of space.

Suraska

Time Travel is the instantaneous movement between set points of the world a person is born into. Parallel Universes are the what ifs. For example what if the 1930s Fascist coup against FDR had succeeded? What if the October Revolution in Russia never happened? Basically it is crossing out of one's assigned reality into another.

darwi

I believe that we live in infinite living space, what the ancient Egyptians called Nuit. It is the source for all. Everything evolves from it and back to it. The beginning of creation, what we call a Big Bang would occur whenever a portion of this conscious living space becomes restless enough to split in two. With the newly powered male element(light), pushing through the newly aware female element(dark matter), there is a turning effect which becomes a spiral. A spiral is the beginning of a time stream and a galaxy. The Milky Way spiral galaxy appears to be exploding outward from a center point, from it's own black sun or black hole. But rather than being a super powerful gravitational force that will ultimately absorb the Milky Way galaxy, I suggest that a black hole doesn't really act that way. It's the center of pure consciousness that naturally and normally controls the evolution of the Milky Way. Within the Milky Way, there would be parallel time streams extending out from that black sun. That's one direction of parallel universes, spiraling out from the center in parallel time streams. Those contain parallel universes that are not of the same time stream. Intervals of space would set them apart. Perpendicular to those outward extending time streams there would be parallel universes of the same time streams. Intervals of 'time'-space would set them apart. Normally, parallel universes of either type would not overlap. When they do, people have strange experiences.