Time Travel Tunnel Discovered in China

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A time travel tunnel was discovered in China. The "time tunnel" as the locals call it, is said to be able to reverse time.

Is time travel possible? Perhaps...a time travel tunnel apparently exists in GuiZhou China.

The tunnel is over 400 meters long and apparently when driving through the tunnel, the time on your cell phone jumps back one hour.

The reporter who wrote this article for China's Gui Yang Evening News personally tested this tunnel and reported the phenomenon happened eight out of ten times after driving through the tunnel on May 22.

So basically here's how it works, say you enter the tunnel at 9 am and exit at 9:05 am, the time on your cell phone will display 8:05 am. The time is corrected after traveling a kilometer from the tunnel, according to mobile phone users.

So far there has been no explanation about this phenomenon.

Source: Time Travel Tunnel Discovered in China - May 30, 2013 |UFO Sightings Hotspot

Khaos

where the wild things are
Timezone? Is the tunnel located anywhere near two different timezones. Some cell phones will automatically change the time (mine does) when in a different time zone.

Himalayan Hermit

Clocks changing should be no proof of time travel. Has it been proven otherwise without dependency on a clock?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
My first thought was about the timezone, which is something they never talk about in the video IIRC.

I have to agree that clocks changing don't confirm time travel. Those HDR videos with watches are cool but don't tell us anything at all.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
My first thought was it was probably a local cell tower that didn't get updated with the change in a daylight savings time adjustment. So anyone close to that particular cell tower gets their cell phone clocks adjusted to the incorrect time.

Tron1

it's all bs just trying to get you to buy into that stuff take a lorazepam same thing as time travel or a addoral lmao feed a seagull a alkaseltzer with a piece of bread and their stomachs explode lol try that for once it happens almost simoteaneously. feed a sea gull with a pill they'll get high

Seamus

My first thought was it was probably a local cell tower that didn't get updated with the change in a daylight savings time adjustment. So anyone close to that particular cell tower gets their cell phone clocks adjusted to the incorrect time.

I think you're right, but there are a number of details missing in the article. The method of obtaining time updates based on location varies between the technologies (GSM, CDMA, LTE), so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what is happening without more information. The fact that the time corrects itself within a kilometer of leaving the tunnel tells me that this is a non story regarding time travel and that an RF Engineer needs to do a drive test to determine the real problem and solve it so we don't have to waste our time reading stories about TT when that really isn't the case. :)

Khaos

where the wild things are
Another thought I had was, depending on how far underground the tunnel is situated, that cellular signals have a hard time reaching a cell phone, so perhaps its showing up incorrectly, due to a lack of or weak signal. It happens here, go into your basement and you'll notice your cell signal drops.

Its the same reason they can't launch and underground mars rover mission yet, because the signals from Earth wouldn't reach the rover if it were underground, the thick rock would basically make them bounce right off. Like how light bounces off a mirror.