Time Traveler from the year 4283.- Confirmed Hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThumberOne

If I am the only one replying how does the board know you stuck around after the 9th which includes the future? Does your reply make a better future?

TimeFlipper

They are all fake until proven true. That was one of the points of this. It went over your head, but that's fine. Someone else will understand and learn from it, and that is what is important.

Thought experiments like these are how the future is reached. The REAL future. There is no progress without thought and effort.

Schrodingers Cat is a classic example of a thought experiment, another being Professor John Wheelers delayed choice thought experiment about a moving object acting either as a Wave or a Particle...Wheeler asked, at which point throughout the process, does the "object" DECIDE if its going to become a wave or a particle?..

So therefore Mr HeraldOfTruth, do NOT flatter and delude yourself into believing that your simplistic thread could ever be conceived of as a real thought experiment, when in reality its nothing but an outright deception!

Last edited:

HeraldOfTruth

Schrodingers Cat is a classic example of a thought experiment, another being Professor John Wheelers delayed choice thought experiment about a moving object acting either as a Wave or a Particle...Wheeler asked, at which point throughout the process, does the "object" DECIDE if its going to become a wave or a particle?..

So therefore Mr HeraldOfTruth, do NOT flatter and delude yourself into believing that your simplistic thread could ever be conceived of as a real thought experiment, when in reality its nothing but outright deception!

There are no such limitations to thought experiments, especially social experiments. You are one of those who does not understand the purpose of what I did, and that’s fine. I got the results I was hoping for in the form of all the people who showed what they want for the future.

Either we can talk about how to make those ideas a reality, or you can ignore me and go on your merry way.

Just about every social experiment I’ve seen involves making your audience believe something that isn’t true in order to understand their reactions in the context of the experiments.

You can ignore my opinion. That’s totally fine. But the ideas I talked about are very important to the progress of the human race, and the reactions I got told me that you all care about that. Who cares if I’m not a time traveler? Who even cares about me? Probably nobody. It’s the future and what we can do to change it that counts.

TimeFlipper

There are no such limitations to thought experiments, especially social experiments. You are one of those who does not understand the purpose of what I did, and that’s fine. I got the results I was hoping for in the form of all the people who showed what they want for the future.

Either we can talk about how to make those ideas a reality, or you can ignore me and go on your merry way.

Just about every social experiment I’ve seen involves making your audience believe something that isn’t true in order to understand their reactions in the context of the experiments.

You can ignore my opinion. That’s totally fine. But the ideas I talked about are very important to the progress of the human race, and the reactions I got told me that you all care about that. Who cares if I’m not a time traveler? Who even cares about me? Probably nobody. It’s the future and what we can do to change it that counts.

YOU are someone who has no awareness of what a real thought process is, Mr HeraldOfLies..

ThumberOne

Again, I apologize for the deception. I firmly believe that it will ultimately have been worth it, even if I am the only one who does.
As a word of advice.
That's not how apologies work. That's like the mugger keeping the money after the robbery because the money is worth it and you did robbed us of our time (which was the future at that point) by robbing us of the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.