Time Traveler Frustrations

The_Ruffneck

Does anyone agree with me when i say that these TT's are all clones? by that i mean they all come from around seemingly the same time 2030-40 to watch these elections , predict the same stuff over and over.... Anyone else bored?

Well the reason i think they come from this time is because they read the Titor logs and just copy everything he says , there is nothing new here this is all recycled....

Chromium

I just want one of them to come up with a decent damn story. I've read JT's story so many times now and need more reading material.

Why cant we have someone who's an nth dimension metatron cleric whose sole purpose is to observe the climactic end to the glitter cliff wars in the dolichae sector of the greater spiral arm, but a freak temporal nether-space incident left him stranded thousands of light-years away in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, England, with a wrecked space-time machine and a large ball of perma-cheese? So now he is trapped here with much free time, talking to people like us over the net because he has a 12 year wait until his next window of opportunity arises so he can leave.

Or would that be 'too wacky' for this place?

sosuemetoo

We've had several several "time travelers" here this week with predictions/stories.

Members are venting their frustration with the stories in general on time traveler threads. The time traveler threads are for question/answer, research, etc.

The rules that we have in this forum apply to this thread. This is not going to be a flamewar, okay?

I'm moving some posts from other threads to get the conversation started.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

As I've stated many times before:

There's nothing wrong with hoaxing. Just make it either very well done, or very entertaining.

Very well done means RESEARCH your story. Make sure you're able to provide some kind of evidence. Don't be ridiculous and tell us you work at Walmart or something. And for heaven's sake USE SOME TYPING/SPELLING SKILLS. There's nothing more annoying than someone claiming to be a time traveler who types like "hi i am a tter from teh yeer 387798 ur futoor is vrey dargnerous".

Chromium

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Oct 17 2004, 08:04 PM
As I've stated many times before:

There's nothing wrong with hoaxing. Just make it either very well done, or very entertaining.

Very well done means RESEARCH your story. Make sure you're able to provide some kind of evidence. Don't be ridiculous and tell us you work at Walmart or something. And for heaven's sake USE SOME TYPING/SPELLING SKILLS. There's nothing more annoying than someone claiming to be a time traveler who types like \"hi i am a tter from teh yeer 387798 ur futoor is vrey dargnerous\".

That made me laugh out loud.. Or should it be ROFLMAO?

:)