Time..

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Re: Time..

Obviously Time is real. It can be measured, made, spent, lost, stitched, stolen, given, wasted, used and made. How can that be so and Time still be ephemeral? ;)

PyRo99

It is not real. Who created it? Am I saying that this computer is not real because it was made by a man? Absolutely not. I'm saying that there is no verifiable way to prove that time is real.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

There's no verifiable way to prove that it isn't real either ;) If there was no way it could be real in some form or fashion, mankind would never have come up with the idea, no?

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PyRo99\")</div>
It is not real. Who created it? Am I saying that this computer is not real because it was made by a man? Absolutely not. I'm saying that there is no verifiable way to prove that time is real.[/b]

Prove it... prove that you can't prove that time is real. I dare ya! :kiss:

Astral Vibe

Of course time is real, you are a fool to think such thing that time is non-exsistant.
There is a way to prove that time is real, but no way to prove that you are right, because you are wrong. Time has always been. Man only invented a way to measure time. He did not create time. The earth always rotated in 24 hours. It just depends how you measure it. For example, we could say earth rotates in 16 gigaquats, which could be anything. Meaning that if we wanted too we could say that 1 hour is equivalent to 60 seconds and 1 second equivalent to 60 minutes, it doesn't really matter how you look at it. Time has always been around. The universe obviously started at some point in time. But the space has always been there. Think of time as a stack of circles all linked in some way or form. The gaps around them represent space which is time lyes within. Anyway I best be off I have work to do. See ya!

PyRo99

Of course time is real, you are a fool to think such thing that time is non-exsistant.

I'm the fool? Your kidding me right? Personally you have absolutely no right what so ever to judge my intellect. Am I fool for believing what is? Between you and me, had you said this a couple days ago this post wouldn't be as nice.

There is a way to prove that time is real, but no way to prove that you are right, because you are wrong.

Thats a great way to make your arguement. Theres no way to prove you wrong though? Please, do not even make me start. And yes there are ways to prove me right, but that would be a confliction with Modern Science, and would have blasphemy written all over it.

How do you know there are 24 hours in a day? Because that is measurable? What is a day? 24 hours? What is an Hour? 60 minutes? What is a Minute? 60 seconds? Onward and so forth, but you never get to the bottom do you? What makes time spin. I do believe, that they are uncovering where we "Age" from. I believe it is the Mitochondria in your cells.

But wait, then time is irrelevant and years are also done for then. Why do we measure how old you are based upon how long you have been on this plane? And years are essential to days, and months.

I just simply want to live my life without time. Because without time, there are no deadlines, or nothing pushing you. I know its absurd to think this, but thats why I loaf around, and I am not fat.

Time is not real. And I will stand by that comment.

CaryP

Astral Vibe and Pyro,

Please don't let this turn into a fight. No more names, Astral. Okay? We cool? Don't respond to this, just don't turn this into a throw down, please.

Cary

XDrFirefly

Time... hmmm. I don't beleive in time, but it does seem to make "my" world a little easier. So, is it truly real. I'd say no time is not real, but it is only not real because it is. The measurement of time is to make our world more orderly and controlled. Let me explain.

When your a child you have no real idea of time. You notice things like sunset, and sunrise. Is that really time? Next, as you begin to age, you notice things about your body and other bodies changing. Growth, Wrinkles, Gray Hair. Aging isn't really a measurement of time. Once you reach teenage years you are controlled by time. Bells, Order, Jobs, TV, Phone. Time is all around. So, at this stage time is completely real. But, it might only be real so that things are controlled and orderly. Then your an adult. Now, some of us keep the controlled orderly life, so time stays real. Other moves start to retirement. In retirement, time is almost pointless again. You come and go as you please, only have to think about time when you need to interact with other outside your family realm. --- Our culture is very inturned to time.

Side note. Time saving devices DVR (Tivo) TV time is now pointless, you can watch what you want when you want.

Dr FF

XDrFirefly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Astral Vibe\")</div>
The earth always rotated in 24 hours. [/b]

Hmm. Daylight saying time it's 23 hours and 25 hours. We also have leap years on our culture calander to make up for how the earth doesnt really spin the same around every single year. So, we make up for the difference.

Asia Quake Shorten Day

<span style=\'color:#000000\'>\"Scientists at NASA, the US space agency, said the Dec. 26 quake - the largest to rattle Earth since 1964 in Alaska - disrupted the planet\'s rotation and shaved 2.68 microseconds, or millionths of a second, from the length of a day.\"

hmm.. So i guess time is wrong. Did you all ajust your clocks?

Dr FF

</span>