TimeBender Says YES to people bending

Timebender

TimeBender Says YES to people bending

Human engineering is certainly in our future. The only question is, WHO will be the first to do it and for what reason?
The US government has currently attempted to limit and/or eliminate human cloning and similar genetic experimentation for political reasons alone. This is like giving us a shovel to dig our own grave from my perspective and here's why;

If we outlaw genetic experimentation, then only those with less than pure intent will legally gain expertise in this area of medical science. Will the next Sadam wish to breed out non-muslims altogether?

Who will be the next Hitler and attempt to create the perfect race? I hope it is a society with the the best of intentions and not supreme power on their mind. It is the DUTY of the western countries to move forward with human engineering if only to keep one step ahead of the bad guys.
TB

virtualgirl

Re: TimeBender Says YES to people bending

I have your answer......The Realians.

Lucidus

Good question TimeBender.

I think the first uses of genetic engineering will be to cure genetic diseases, but shortly there after it will probably be used to enhance attractiveness. I envision a situation similar to surgery. At first it was used only for medical purposes, now it used for cosmetic purposes. I have no doubt that genetic engineering will follow the same pattern.

Timebender

There was actually a hidden clue in my initial post. WHO stands for the World Health Organisation and they have already been responsible for genetic manipulation.

I think this is a topic I may cover on "The Wormhole Effect" broadcast.
TB

astralsailor

I think cureing deadly desies should be the limit to that..
Why not make more people discover the wider realitys of the collective humean consciousness insted of enrginnering humans to become someting that they allready are..