timetravel and fate.

Alyxavior

timetravel and fate.

I don't believe that Fate is wrong. It's just different. I believe Fate to be part of the whole truth in which we are looking for. As time goes on, we put and weave the pieces together, and get closer to that which we desire.

StarLord

timetravel and fate.

It is perhaps easier to view fate like a 'lesson plan' at college, you need certain credits to acheive your Degree. It matters not how many attempts it takes for you to accomplish this, school is operational 24/7 365/googleplex.

Of course, because of free choice/ free will you can spend as long as you want on any subject and fighting the lesson plan / fate itself for as long as you desire. It matters not.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
timetravel and fate.

Originally posted by StarLord@Nov 22 2004, 06:13 PM
It is perhaps easier to view fate like a 'lesson plan' at college, you need certain credits to acheive your Degree. It matters not how many attempts it takes for you to accomplish this, school is operational 24/7 365/googleplex.

Of course, because of free choice/ free will you can spend as long as you want on any subject and fighting the lesson plan / fate itself for as long as you desire. It matters not.

Fate denies free will/free will denies fate... :huh: errr, Grayson's operating system has encountered an error at line 68456... reboot from start...

Alyxavior

timetravel and fate.

Like everything else in this world....the things that you believe are all based in faith. It's nice to question your faith once and a while, to allow for change and growth. Nothing is set in stone.

*nod*

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
timetravel and fate.

Originally posted by Alyxavior@Nov 24 2004, 04:26 AM
Like everything else in this world.... Nothing is set in stone.

*nod*

Arthur's Sword was, that was fate, he had faith, that's how he got it, one he got it, he lost his free will. The two are mutually exclusive. :devil:

*waves*

Lexx

timetravel and fate.

I believe god wants to experience everything,therefore the theory of infinite timelines makes sense to me,even though it's hard for the mind to grasp.
@);-

dancho

timetravel and fate.

I used to have a flight simulation where you could record a flight, and then replay that flight (like a video) and then, if you wanted, you could re-enter the simulation at any point and "replay" the flight from that point on. You could jump from one plane to the next, to "replay" from the point of view of another "pilot."

Maybe it's like that. :)

I have a feeling that when this "game" called "life" ends I'm going to be appalled at my cowardly antics. The next time I play the "life" game, I'm going to play using "God" mode. Of course, I don't really mean that. By the time I return for another go, I suppose I'll be moving the sliders to a higher difficulty level to make it more "interesting." :ninja:

Badmuts

timetravel and fate.

Originally posted by Alyxavior@Nov 22 2004, 11:22 AM
I don't believe that Fate is wrong. It's just different. I believe Fate to be part of the whole truth in which we are looking for. As time goes on, we put and weave the pieces together, and get closer to that which we desire.

Well wat IF we all just live our fate? We don't notice that, because we THINK we can change the future. What would have happened if I had done that.... or that.... etc. So, it doesn't matter whether we just live our lives and can change the world, or just follow the time line. I think it is a mix of both.

StarLord

timetravel and fate.

Badmuts,

Each major decision that we make in life can set new parameters on our unfolding path. We have free choice, we think, but it may not always be so as situations and conditions force us to make decisions we would not normally make under other circumstances. It really matters not because we come here to experience everything possible. From the very best of things, to the very worst of things, it matters not for that is why we are here to gather experience and grow.

Fate could just be another name for our chosen path. Sometimes, that word makes it seem like we do not have a choice. Free Will is more powerful than Fate as fate could simply be the prevailing wind and our Free Will the actual course that is followed.